1990 Toyota Corolla 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Corollas are great

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Review

Corollas are great
By cory on

1990 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Ok this car has been great, 202,000 miles + and all that has happened is one bad water pump, 1 broken timing belt, 1 bad alternator the factory one finally gave out in 07. I think only 3 minor parts for a car that has over 200 grand on the motor is great. The dash is getting some cracks due to me treating this car like crap. I never do any regular maintenance but it still runs great. When I can afford to treat my little economy car to a treat I do it with full flushes on all or most of any fluids it contains but other then that just tires, brakes, caps, plugs and wires every now and then with occasional oil changes about 5,000 miles give or take a thousand miles but the thing keeps on tickn

Favorite Features

The gas mileage it gets about 30 plus mpg almost all the time it waivers when I have not gotten a good tune up. the plastic under the roof makes it easy to clean and it stays thier unlike fabric top interiors that tend to sag over time. That even though its a small car a big guy can drive it.

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension, more universal style of tires, better brake calipers, better 0-60 speeds. Overall the mpg make up for most of any other performance problems I feel it has a good 200,000 to 300,000 miles left to live or even more who knows.