1990 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Dependable/Economic/Nice Ride
By Danner on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car when it was 2 years old. It had 6800 miles on it. Other than normal maintenance, oil, filter, grease, lube, brakes, tune up and timing belt it has been an economical dependable car to run. This vehicle has 158,000 miles on it now. Recently I had to replace the water pump and valve gaskets. It has never let me down. I had a 77 Corolla that I drove for 15 years with a total of 206,000 miles when I sold it for $600.

Still going strong
By Peterborough/Ontario on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Corolla SR5 2dr Coupe

1990 Toyota Corolla SR5, 5 speed, red with grey interior. Bought used, 2 years old with 22,000km. Twelve years later and now at 236,000km, this vehicle has never let me down. I had the body repaired and new paint job in 2000 and it has held up very well.

old faithful
By To-Yoda on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I bought her off the street for $1000.I put $1400 worth of repairs,parts in her up front,,Ive put on 60000 miles since and all Ive replaced are the tires (once),and the speedometer cable.Shes got great pull uphill (Automatic),I live in mountains of Western North Carolina,

Old corolla
By Hunorhs on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Does it well what it suppose to do. Runn without problems and hang ups. Good milage, low meintenance.No frills. A car for commuting and for all seasons.

Can't part with it
By corgts on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla GT-S Sport 2dr Coupe

Picking up a RAV4. Thought I would sell my GTS but decided to use it as a summer car. Gotta love Toyota quality and reliability. I always gets comments on my car. Most think it's either new or a few years old. Fast and fun, great on gas, expensive to replace parts (all TRD). NEVER had a problem with this car, just kept up maintainance. Now it will be my summer car. 133,000 MI...will put in car shows 20 years from now

Bought a house
By BigPebble on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

This car has been so reliable I haven't been put in the poor house to keep at a like new level. In fact the reliability of this car let me put a lot more down on a new house.

RELIABLE!!
By marchejm on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I have owned my corolla for just over 3 years. I bought it as 130,000 miles and it now has 180,000 miles. In this time I have barely had to put any money into it. It has been great. Only minor repairs and regular maintainance. For as many miles as it has it runs excellant!! I am very happy with it!

Reliable Hassale Free Car
By blondie 11230 on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in Aug 1992 with 40K miles and it now has 85K and stll runs well. Hardly ever took it to the mechanic even though I had it for close to 12 years.

Go Goldie Go!!!
By GoldenGirl on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This is hands down the best car that was EVER made. Not that anyone will be running out to buy a 1990 Corolla, but if you need a car to get you where you needed to go...THIS IS IT! I can't say enough good things about it. I've had mine for 7 years and have only had to replace mufflers, oil, and CV joints. Nothing major. Runs great in snow and has never let me down. Except when I leave my lights on...but that's my bad.

how much
By overtimeman on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

good body good condition, good motor am/fm radio