Used 1990 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Extraordinary
By amazing

1990 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 13 months now. I bought it with 183,000 miles on it and now it has 189,000 miles on it. It has never let me down.

The gas mileage is the best I have ever seen. It's a standard so it is fun to drive.

Stiffer suspension for better handling.

Why did they stop making this car?!
By John

1990 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Wagon AWD

One of my favorites of all time. This is my third and they are getting harder to find. Runs circles around my AWD CRV in the snow. Better traction and gas mileage than the Honda. I don't know why Toyota doesn't make a nice little AWD wagon with MANUAL transmission and good gas mileage. They have handed the market to Subaru.

Reliable and outstanding All-trac AWD system. Nice size, manual transmission, small wagon is very useful vehicle.

Make it again Toyota! Seat belts are awkward.

Ol' Reliable - Will Run Forever!!!
By Ol' Reliable

1990 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned - it is now at 268,000 miles and still going strong. It has never broken down, although I have had to replace a few things on it - it just has never left me stranded. Although the automatic transmission robs a bit of the power, it consistently gets around 28-30 mpg in town and mid to high-30's on the road. I have serviced it regularly (3,000-mi oil changes, trans services, coolant flushes, brakes, etc.) and I plan on keeping it until it passes the 300,000-mile mark. I do my own servicing, and not everything is easy to do, but not impossible. Kudos, Toyota, to making such a high-quality vehicle!

Excellent Reliability!! High quality interior, excellent fit- and-finish, great fuel economy

5-speed manual transmission would be a better choice with only 1.6L and 101 horsepower.

Still Ticking!
By letigre

1990 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought my Gold DX in 1990 & it has 292,000 on it today (23MAY06). I just put new tires on it & plan to run the wheels off it (well past 300,000). It is worth very little to anyone else, but it has been the best car I've ever owned.

Reliability!! Cheap on gas!

None

Amazing Car!
By R Albertson

1990 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Wagon AWD

This car is really fun to drive and gets a get gas mileage. I get 36-37 all the time on the highway, and have gotten up to 40 at about 60mph. I have owned since 188,000 and have only replaced the clutch and exhaust manifold.

Fun to drive! Lots of room! Great gas mileage!

Start producing the Corolla wagon again!