1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Ol' Reliable - Will Run Forever!!!
By Ol' Reliable on 09/13/06 14:46 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned - it is now at 268,000 miles and still going strong. It has never broken down, although I have had to replace a few things on it - it just has never left me stranded. Although the automatic transmission robs a bit of the power, it consistently gets around 28-30 mpg in town and mid to high-30's on the road. I have serviced it regularly (3,000-mi oil changes, trans services, coolant flushes, brakes, etc.) and I plan on keeping it until it passes the 300,000-mile mark. I do my own servicing, and not everything is easy to do, but not impossible. Kudos, Toyota, to making such a high-quality vehicle!

Still Ticking!
By letigre on 05/23/06 13:25 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought my Gold DX in 1990 & it has 292,000 on it today (23MAY06). I just put new tires on it & plan to run the wheels off it (well past 300,000). It is worth very little to anyone else, but it has been the best car I've ever owned.

Head Gasket
By Dramaqueen2820 on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I drove this car for a year and the head gasket blew. It was after we had the engine cleaned so it would pass inspection. It ended up having a cracked head, that had some carbon buildup in it. The radiator fluid ended up going through the head and out the exhaust. We put some head gasket block in it and it worked for a total of 2 weeks. We put a new radiator in it and then the problem resurfaced. Today i ended up driving it to the junk yard with a bunch of white smoke coming out of it. I ended up getting 50 bucks for it.

Dependable/Economic/Nice Ride
By Danner on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car when it was 2 years old. It had 6800 miles on it. Other than normal maintenance, oil, filter, grease, lube, brakes, tune up and timing belt it has been an economical dependable car to run. This vehicle has 158,000 miles on it now. Recently I had to replace the water pump and valve gaskets. It has never let me down. I had a 77 Corolla that I drove for 15 years with a total of 206,000 miles when I sold it for $600.

old faithful
By To-Yoda on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought her off the street for $1000.I put $1400 worth of repairs,parts in her up front,,Ive put on 60000 miles since and all Ive replaced are the tires (once),and the speedometer cable.Shes got great pull uphill (Automatic),I live in mountains of Western North Carolina,

Old corolla
By Hunorhs on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Does it well what it suppose to do. Runn without problems and hang ups. Good milage, low meintenance.No frills. A car for commuting and for all seasons.

Bought a house
By BigPebble on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This car has been so reliable I haven't been put in the poor house to keep at a like new level. In fact the reliability of this car let me put a lot more down on a new house.

RELIABLE!!
By marchejm on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned my corolla for just over 3 years. I bought it as 130,000 miles and it now has 180,000 miles. In this time I have barely had to put any money into it. It has been great. Only minor repairs and regular maintainance. For as many miles as it has it runs excellant!! I am very happy with it!

Reliable Hassale Free Car
By blondie 11230 on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in Aug 1992 with 40K miles and it now has 85K and stll runs well. Hardly ever took it to the mechanic even though I had it for close to 12 years.

Go Goldie Go!!!
By GoldenGirl on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This is hands down the best car that was EVER made. Not that anyone will be running out to buy a 1990 Corolla, but if you need a car to get you where you needed to go...THIS IS IT! I can't say enough good things about it. I've had mine for 7 years and have only had to replace mufflers, oil, and CV joints. Nothing major. Runs great in snow and has never let me down. Except when I leave my lights on...but that's my bad.