1990 Toyota Corolla Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Modestly one of the best
By first car on 10/19/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

Nothing glamorous about this car, but it continues to be a pleasure to own. I marvel at this piece of engineering. It has a strong, quick engine, it is agile, gets great gas mileage, and needs little in the way of major repairs (knock on wood). Concerns are that it tends to run hot, so you have to pay attention to fluids; and it is a compact car so big people are not terribly comfortable. I bought the floor model, which was made in Japan. I "only" have about 190k miles on it, so it sounds like it is easily good for another 75-100k.

great car for basic transportation
By Frankp on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

I bought this car 5 years ago and it never let me down(well once, the gear would not shift, took us $20 to repair the brake connection). the A/C lost most of its coolness during last summer. but I guess it happens for a lot of old cars. Every time you go to the car, with 7 inches of snow or not, you know it is going to start and carry u. It is also not hard to sell. 5 year of ownership, total cost is $250 for brakes, some $ for oid change and $40 for battery and $20 for brake connection. Not bad for a 10+ year old car at least by my standards.

keeps on going at 166,000 miles
By Greer on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

I've had this car for two years now and I couldn't be happier. At first I thought "This is a station wagon, how can this be cool?" Now with only minor repairs and maintenance( tires, brakes, oil changes as needed) I am sincerely impressed with this car. Even on road trips with it completly loaded down (pulling a trailer) or for getting to those great mountain biking places this car has more than kept time with our busy lifestyle.

Runs 4ever
By Ratboy on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Corolla Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

I bought this car about 5 years ago (it was already 8 years old) just for basic trans for a year or two until I get something better. Well, oddly enough, I can't let it go. It's the best car I've ever own. Not the prettiest or most comfortable, but does the job and never breaks down.