Used 1990 Toyota Corolla Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Modestly one of the best
By first car

1990 Toyota Corolla Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

Nothing glamorous about this car, but it continues to be a pleasure to own. I marvel at this piece of engineering. It has a strong, quick engine, it is agile, gets great gas mileage, and needs little in the way of major repairs (knock on wood). Concerns are that it tends to run hot, so you have to pay attention to fluids; and it is a compact car so big people are not terribly comfortable. I bought the floor model, which was made in Japan. I "only" have about 190k miles on it, so it sounds like it is easily good for another 75-100k.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, steering, strong engine, carries a lot more than you'd think, if necessary.

Suggested Improvements

Interior gadgets (visors, overhead light) have fallen apart. Heating and air conditioning are not great. Seat belts are terrible.

Why did they stop making this car?!
By John

1990 Toyota Corolla Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon AWD

One of my favorites of all time. This is my third and they are getting harder to find. Runs circles around my AWD CRV in the snow. Better traction and gas mileage than the Honda. I don't know why Toyota doesn't make a nice little AWD wagon with MANUAL transmission and good gas mileage. They have handed the market to Subaru.

Favorite Features

Reliable and outstanding All-trac AWD system. Nice size, manual transmission, small wagon is very useful vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Make it again Toyota! Seat belts are awkward.

Amazing Car!
By R Albertson

1990 Toyota Corolla Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon AWD

This car is really fun to drive and gets a get gas mileage. I get 36-37 all the time on the highway, and have gotten up to 40 at about 60mph. I have owned since 188,000 and have only replaced the clutch and exhaust manifold.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive! Lots of room! Great gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

Start producing the Corolla wagon again!

great car for basic transportation
By Frankp

1990 Toyota Corolla Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

I bought this car 5 years ago and it never let me down(well once, the gear would not shift, took us $20 to repair the brake connection). the A/C lost most of its coolness during last summer. but I guess it happens for a lot of old cars. Every time you go to the car, with 7 inches of snow or not, you know it is going to start and carry u. It is also not hard to sell. 5 year of ownership, total cost is $250 for brakes, some $ for oid change and $40 for battery and $20 for brake connection. Not bad for a 10+ year old car at least by my standards.

Favorite Features

roomy on the back, comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

not so powerful \

keeps on going at 166,000 miles
By Greer

1990 Toyota Corolla Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

I've had this car for two years now and I couldn't be happier. At first I thought "This is a station wagon, how can this be cool?" Now with only minor repairs and maintenance( tires, brakes, oil changes as needed) I am sincerely impressed with this car. Even on road trips with it completly loaded down (pulling a trailer) or for getting to those great mountain biking places this car has more than kept time with our busy lifestyle.

Favorite Features

shoulder harnesses for the kids in the back and the ability to lay the seats down to convert it to a covered truck.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I regret is I should have purchased the all wheel drive