Used 2005 Toyota Celica GTS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Feel like a kid again
By John in VA

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first Toyota and now I am hooked. As soon as I saw it on the side of the dealership (while I was getting ready to purchase an SE Camry), I knew I had to have it. I asked the salesman if it was for sale and found out someone was trading it in. I test drove it and feel in love. My GTS has the ground effects package and looks HOT!

I love the bodystyle. It looks like a little lamborghini. It walks the line between over the edge and understated - a timeless design. I get a lot of attention from young and old. JBL sound system is great. Gas mileage is awesome.

The only thing I would improve is the ability to tilt the bottom cushion on the seat to give more thigh support for us taller people.

Have owned 2 - Luv 'em
By Celi's Mom

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My first was a '91 Celi Conv. Sold it in 2003 and bought a new one. Celi generally stays within the zip code, but when we go - we are off for a long ride. I get a bit more than 30mpg in town and on the road close to 36 if she's just been tuned and my foot doesn't get heavy. Never had a mechanical problem with either Celica. So with 14 years and 150,000 miles experience, perhaps I'm an expert.

Handles well in traffic, parks easily, mountains are not an issue, gets great gas mileage and I can pack everything I need for 3-4 months in Fla in it. Sporty look makes me feel good about driving it.

I'm only sorry my next new car won't be a Celica. Since they will no longer be manufactured for the US after 2005. Of course I won't need a new car until 2011.

Celica GT-S
By John

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2000 Celica and it it is one of the funnest sports cars that I have driven. It has great handeling and is fast and fun to drive with the 6- speed. If you do get it with the manuel transmission you have to like to shift because it has a close gear ratio.

vvtl-i (like honda's Vtec) 6-Speed manual transmission

Anything that gives it more horsepower

I'm Loving It
By Nata699

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I saw it, I wanted it, I got it. And I'm loving it. this car turns peoples heads.

Design is awesome.

More horse power

Celica
By greg3mp5

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I liked the toyota celica because it physically looks great and it runs very well. I paid 15000 for mine and it was worth every bit of money i paid for it. My friends envy tha very car that sits in my driveway and i love it.