Used 2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Best looking Car Ever except a Ferrari
By Snappy21

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2005 Celica, it is red, I dropped it (Ibach springs), great 17 inch rims, new exhaust pipe, new intake in the engine. Looks like a Ferrari F430. I make people who drive other sports cars really jealous, because their cars look boring compared to my RED JET PLANE.

The Body but after it is dropped and new 17 inch rims.

More horse power, and make a new one please. I am ready to spend.

Hottest Sports Car
By nyCeli29

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is probably one of the best cars I have driven. I owned a nissan maxima 98 before this and drove 07 mdx and civics. This is the best. Speed wise, it's all you need. No point of driving in extreme speed with a 55 speed limit. I've done some interior work, in-dash nav which made it look better inside.

That racing engine noise. Handling. Low ride.

More horsepower nd torque. Better interior and rims.

Feel like a kid again
By John in VA

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first Toyota and now I am hooked. As soon as I saw it on the side of the dealership (while I was getting ready to purchase an SE Camry), I knew I had to have it. I asked the salesman if it was for sale and found out someone was trading it in. I test drove it and feel in love. My GTS has the ground effects package and looks HOT!

I love the bodystyle. It looks like a little lamborghini. It walks the line between over the edge and understated - a timeless design. I get a lot of attention from young and old. JBL sound system is great. Gas mileage is awesome.

The only thing I would improve is the ability to tilt the bottom cushion on the seat to give more thigh support for us taller people.

Got one of the last ones
By RakNRoll1

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Celica!!! Even though the front shimmies at speeds over 80 it handles like a dream. It does take a little "umph" to get up and running due to small engine but once going it runs w/the BEST. I average 31mpg in city and love that even more. I only wish I knew about the side airbag option when I bought it. As for reliability ... it's a Toyota, 'nuff said.

Locks for door are located in middle of console making it harder for thieves to jimmie open/break into. Back seats lie flat for more storage

Not sure if would matter since 05 breaks the mold (silly Toyota!!) but intake air valve not in good place.

Whata CAR!!!!!
By The Man is ME!!!!!!

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, I understand this is a labeled "sports car" and it does lack HP, however it is as light as a feather baby! And I love the gas I get, this thing feels like a sport hybrid... hmmm now theres an idea. Yah here that Toyota!!! Think about it. Anyways I love this car and I am extremely sad to see it leave the U.S. grounds, personally I think it's a dumb idea to ditch this car at the time of high gas prices, and this one leads the sport cars on mpg. The steering is very presise, and the storage is very practable. Overall, great car!

The mpg, great steering, immediate acceleration, and sporty looks in today's dull world of styling.

Rear visibility, a little better shock rebound on the potholes and hard gravel. Oh yea, better color choices for a sports car guys come on. Maybe (like everyone says and wants) a little more hp.