2005 Toyota Celica GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

2005 Celica Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Sort Reviews by

Best looking Car Ever except a Ferrari
By Snappy21

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2005 Celica, it is red, I dropped it (Ibach springs), great 17 inch rims, new exhaust pipe, new intake in the engine. Looks like a Ferrari F430. I make people who drive other sports cars really jealous, because their cars look boring compared to my RED JET PLANE.

Favorite Features

The Body but after it is dropped and new 17 inch rims.

Suggested Improvements

More horse power, and make a new one please. I am ready to spend.

Hottest Sports Car
By nyCeli29

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is probably one of the best cars I have driven. I owned a nissan maxima 98 before this and drove 07 mdx and civics. This is the best. Speed wise, it's all you need. No point of driving in extreme speed with a 55 speed limit. I've done some interior work, in-dash nav which made it look better inside.

Favorite Features

That racing engine noise. Handling. Low ride.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower nd torque. Better interior and rims.

Got one of the last ones
By RakNRoll1

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Celica!!! Even though the front shimmies at speeds over 80 it handles like a dream. It does take a little "umph" to get up and running due to small engine but once going it runs w/the BEST. I average 31mpg in city and love that even more. I only wish I knew about the side airbag option when I bought it. As for reliability ... it's a Toyota, 'nuff said.

Favorite Features

Locks for door are located in middle of console making it harder for thieves to jimmie open/break into. Back seats lie flat for more storage

Suggested Improvements

Not sure if would matter since 05 breaks the mold (silly Toyota!!) but intake air valve not in good place.

Whata CAR!!!!!
By The Man is ME!!!!!!

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, I understand this is a labeled "sports car" and it does lack HP, however it is as light as a feather baby! And I love the gas I get, this thing feels like a sport hybrid... hmmm now theres an idea. Yah here that Toyota!!! Think about it. Anyways I love this car and I am extremely sad to see it leave the U.S. grounds, personally I think it's a dumb idea to ditch this car at the time of high gas prices, and this one leads the sport cars on mpg. The steering is very presise, and the storage is very practable. Overall, great car!

Favorite Features

The mpg, great steering, immediate acceleration, and sporty looks in today's dull world of styling.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility, a little better shock rebound on the potholes and hard gravel. Oh yea, better color choices for a sports car guys come on. Maybe (like everyone says and wants) a little more hp.

Fun car!!!
By ez

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun car! I have had so much fun driving this car up and down California's famous Highway 1 (aka the Pacific Coast Highway) I can't begin to tell you. I also use it as a daily commuter, with a manual transmission, and it is a head-turner, even after having it for some time. The design is distinctive and cohesive; some sporty cars look like they have been pieced together from a lot of different designs. The Celica looks like one car, front to back. If you love to drive, you'll love this car!

Favorite Features

Driving it on twisty roads!

Suggested Improvements

A bit larger cabin...

Sporty fun!
By Baz

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Toyota Celica is a dream come true. The car is simply a blast to drive. I own a GT (the cheaper edition) and have had plenty of fun zipping around corners and speeding through country roads. The handling is amazing, the speed is good, and the best part is the looks. The Celica looks like a race car of the 21st century. Test drive this car and I'm sure you'll be impressed. It's the best of the sports cars in my opinion, and I'm sad to see it retire.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling! Wow, I could just stare at the car for days. It is a pretty dramatic and impressive design and you'll be noticed in a sea of boring cars. The handling is also a pleasure I come to quickly miss when driving other non-Celica cars.

Suggested Improvements

The interior designs could use more work. The futuristic center console is fine, but the colors are bland and nothing about it really screams "style". A few aftermarket tweaks can give the interior more pazazz. Also the space is cramped but for a car in this class that's axiomatic.

stupenda
By badman

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

many bystanders continually make remarks that said vehicle looks outstanding and how much.........other than all that hoopla i really enjoy the car and its super design!hope that toyota does not make 2005 the last year of manufactoring the celica because it would be a terrible mistake.......rd the badman-

Favorite Features

Design details and sleekness with quick pickup and manueribility.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely needs more room inside-front ane rear. Also trunck space could more inches....

Celica One Of the Best
By Spoileybear

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this vehical in Dec. 2000 and it has been joy to drive. We live in Mountains of Southern Calif. And work in lower desert And it's been great for driveing the Area's we drive. Has very low maintinace, except now at ovewr 100,000 miles we are putting money into as far as elctronics and Transmisson. We tried out new Matrix and think that Celica is better built car. So if we trade in we might come back driving another Celica.

Favorite Features

Sportyness and stlye Sun roof, Dash, Trunk Room, Excellent Gas Milage, Soild buid.

Suggested Improvements

Little more head roof. this Car is for smaller people. Putting in-take air on side of car beause when you come up to stop in traffic other Auto exhuast comes through A/C and Fresh Air. Car sits very low, and thats where exhaust sits. Difficult to get out of. Seats are low into body.