2005 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Best looking Car Ever except a Ferrari
By Snappy21 on 02/28/09 20:31 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2005 Celica, it is red, I dropped it (Ibach springs), great 17 inch rims, new exhaust pipe, new intake in the engine. Looks like a Ferrari F430. I make people who drive other sports cars really jealous, because their cars look boring compared to my RED JET PLANE.

Hottest Sports Car
By nyCeli29 on 01/22/07 21:07 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is probably one of the best cars I have driven. I owned a nissan maxima 98 before this and drove 07 mdx and civics. This is the best. Speed wise, it's all you need. No point of driving in extreme speed with a 55 speed limit. I've done some interior work, in-dash nav which made it look better inside.

Feel like a kid again
By John in VA on 11/30/06 00:23 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Celica GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first Toyota and now I am hooked. As soon as I saw it on the side of the dealership (while I was getting ready to purchase an SE Camry), I knew I had to have it. I asked the salesman if it was for sale and found out someone was trading it in. I test drove it and feel in love. My GTS has the ground effects package and looks HOT!

Got one of the last ones
By RakNRoll1 on 05/31/06 13:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Celica!!! Even though the front shimmies at speeds over 80 it handles like a dream. It does take a little "umph" to get up and running due to small engine but once going it runs w/the BEST. I average 31mpg in city and love that even more. I only wish I knew about the side airbag option when I bought it. As for reliability ... it's a Toyota, 'nuff said.

Whata CAR!!!!!
By The Man is ME!!!!!! on 05/03/06 23:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, I understand this is a labeled "sports car" and it does lack HP, however it is as light as a feather baby! And I love the gas I get, this thing feels like a sport hybrid... hmmm now theres an idea. Yah here that Toyota!!! Think about it. Anyways I love this car and I am extremely sad to see it leave the U.S. grounds, personally I think it's a dumb idea to ditch this car at the time of high gas prices, and this one leads the sport cars on mpg. The steering is very presise, and the storage is very practable. Overall, great car!

Fun car!!!
By ez on 10/25/05 04:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun car! I have had so much fun driving this car up and down California's famous Highway 1 (aka the Pacific Coast Highway) I can't begin to tell you. I also use it as a daily commuter, with a manual transmission, and it is a head-turner, even after having it for some time. The design is distinctive and cohesive; some sporty cars look like they have been pieced together from a lot of different designs. The Celica looks like one car, front to back. If you love to drive, you'll love this car!

Have owned 2 - Luv 'em
By Celi's Mom on 09/14/05 23:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Celica GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My first was a '91 Celi Conv. Sold it in 2003 and bought a new one. Celi generally stays within the zip code, but when we go - we are off for a long ride. I get a bit more than 30mpg in town and on the road close to 36 if she's just been tuned and my foot doesn't get heavy. Never had a mechanical problem with either Celica. So with 14 years and 150,000 miles experience, perhaps I'm an expert.

Adventures Car Needing Interior Design
By melloww22 on 07/29/05 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Celica GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the exterior is daring and smooth line look of a sports car worth more than its price tag. The interior is the biggest draw back, cheap plastic sorrounds the driver taking away some its glamour. Accelaration is weak, but the turns are amazing. This 7th generation Celica is by far the best in its class but leaves ample room for future performance and quality improvements.

Sporty fun!
By Baz on 07/27/05 04:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Toyota Celica is a dream come true. The car is simply a blast to drive. I own a GT (the cheaper edition) and have had plenty of fun zipping around corners and speeding through country roads. The handling is amazing, the speed is good, and the best part is the looks. The Celica looks like a race car of the 21st century. Test drive this car and I'm sure you'll be impressed. It's the best of the sports cars in my opinion, and I'm sad to see it retire.

Red Bull
By Michelle on 06/11/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Celica GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 17 months, and its been the best 17 months of my life. I get the looks, the stares, and the whistles... too bad I have a fiance!! This car is super reliable, I can never use the excues that my car is broke down and can't make it to work! Doesn't matter if you truckin' through the rain or have the sunroof back and heading to the beach. This is a fantastic car, but... if you're my dad you would disagree. He is about 6'2" 250lbs, and can't seem to master getting in and out of the vehicle!