Used 2004 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Celica

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

The BEST I have ever driven in 33yrs.!!!
By Gatorwoman!

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback w/Action Package (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Celica I have had, the first one being a 2000. I leased the 2000 and was determined to get another Celica due to the reliability of this vehicle. In the four years I leased it, this car was the best all around in quality,performance,design,gas milage wise, and just all around FUN!!! I put my seal of approval on this great car, with the knowledge that Toyota will stop making them within the next couple of years....so sad!!!

Favorite Features

The outside styling!

Suggested Improvements

I can't find an improvement to make, other then offering more variety of exterior colors....!

More Ups than Downs
By angelphish

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback w/Action Package (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car so far; however, there are some downfalls. The paint does chip very easily, despite the extra clear coat that was added. This is very upsetting since I take excellent care of the car and wash it at least every other week. The back window creates a huge blind spot. The door paneling scratches easily and shows marks. The radio could be better. There is not much bass at all!Other than that I have had good experiences. The front seat is very comfortable. The fuel economy is amazing! I average about 35.5 with city and hwy combined. The body is beautiful. Action pkg is a must. Very fun to drive. Controls are easy to locate and use.

Favorite Features

The body is beautiful. The styling is so sleek, and the action package only makes it better. The fuel economy is awesome, which is important with gas prices so high.

Suggested Improvements

Increase paint quality. Increase basic warranty length. Improve radio/speaker sound--definitely needs more bass. (Even my 94 Olds Cutlass Sierra's speakers sounded better!) Lesson blind spot created by back window.

My opinion
By boston boy

2004 Toyota Celica GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

i like pretty much everything about my celica it has the power and control i like while still having the safety controls that are needed.

Love my celica !!!!!!!
By r.angel

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback w/Action Package (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

best car!!! i'm not really a sports car type of person yet when i saw this car i loved it. Because it is very low it takes a while to get used to, but afterwards you'll enjoy driving it and will never want to get out. As a person who is starting college and has to drive back and forth everyday i feel confident because the car feels very secure and the braking is excellent.

Favorite Features

the exterior and interior are awesome, I love the fact that this car is not everywhere so when you drive it, it attracts EVERYONE'S attention.excellent price because it looks alot more expensive and the extras are diffently worth it.

Suggested Improvements

it just takes some getting used to but overall if your looking for a sports car you'll diffently enjoy the Celica GT.

THe Ultimate "Toy"ota
By Da_Guy_w/a_Celica

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Toyota Celica is an awesome and fun car to drive. It is also ONE of FIVE Japanese cars know as "Pocket Rockets". It has a low price for anyone to buy. The gas mileage is very good to. It gets BETTER gas mileage than the Honda Civic. Sure the Civic is cheaper, but who would want a car they wouldn't enjoy. In the Celica you can have it in a low gear the on a cerve you shift up and it will rocket you around the curve.There is no possible way to be ripped off when buying a NEW Celica.

Favorite Features

How everything is set around the driver. The shift knob isn't far down or high up its just right. The whole look of the car is stream line and aerodynamic. The interior is cool like a streetracer's car.

Suggested Improvements

NONE