2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
I love it!
By Caitlin on 09/23/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I was looking to buy a car I wanted a cute sports car to take with me to college. I was originally looking at Hyundai Tiburons and when I saw the Celica online I knew that's what I wanted. For only having a 4 cylinder engine it has nice boost of speed when you hit the gas. I have had no problems with mine and I bought it used with 48,000 miles. My car always gets looks by people who see it. :)

Never Toyota Again
By Never Toyota Again on 08/22/09 11:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have bought Toyota Celica 2004 GT in 2004. Not much but oil change for the first 2 years. After that the car becomes a money draining machine. Brake changes; Tire changes; Clutch changes; Now, Transmission change - burn out in the middle of no where after 5 years of driving (yes the transmission oil had been changed before). The car is reliable until the expiring mileage of 250000 km or 5 years. I guess Toyota has to make money and we have to buy a new car every five year to have reliable transportation means. Oh, forgot to mention that Check engine lights stay On and I still pass emission test in Ontario. The computer for emission in Celica is very tight.

Incredible Car
By Stasie on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for almost two years and I can't seem to keep my hands off of it. It is fun to drive, extremly comfy, looks great, handles great, has low gas miledge, and could be very easy to "fix up" if thats what you're into.

My GT300
By gt300 on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

So much aftermarket high-performance products that will tremendously transform your car from a stocky-stock machine to a fast and the furious type of vehicle, name it carbon fibers, intakes, suspensions, body kits, rear spoilers, 19 inch rims and high- performance race tires, wow simply amazing. Get the Absolute Red and feel like your driving a 360 Ferrari Modena. The Toyota Celica is very stylish, especially when you install toyota certified TRD parts. Great car, I love it so much, fuel economy and the price is unbeatable.

THe Ultimate "Toy"ota
By Da_Guy_w/a_Celica on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Toyota Celica is an awesome and fun car to drive. It is also ONE of FIVE Japanese cars know as "Pocket Rockets". It has a low price for anyone to buy. The gas mileage is very good to. It gets BETTER gas mileage than the Honda Civic. Sure the Civic is cheaper, but who would want a car they wouldn't enjoy. In the Celica you can have it in a low gear the on a cerve you shift up and it will rocket you around the curve.There is no possible way to be ripped off when buying a NEW Celica.

celicas rock
By amyjstewart327 on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

wonderful car, couldn't ask for more

Excellent Sporty Car
By rec on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Everything I wanted in a sporty car, quick, easy to handle, great gas mileage, workmanship unparalled, proven reliability.

Ferdi's TRD-GT300
By Ferdi Laco on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Celica is one of the most beautifully designed 2-door sports coupe in the market today within the 4 cylinder category. With tons of aftermarket upgrade kits to improve performance. The Celica GT is priced right, with so much potential for improvement and innovation. The owner only has to be resourceful and extremely creative. What would make the 2004 Celica an awesome sports car, put a 19" inch 5-spoke AXIS Hagen wheel with 35 series HP tires, drop body by 2 inch, and install wide body kits by APR, and then install a carbon fiber hood scoop, retain your metail hood. To me that is what a Celica should look like

The Celica can really
By MD822325 on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

If you love a great fuel friendly car with really superb handling. You need a Toyota Celica!

Love my Celica
By Satisfied Consumer on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I went on the car market to purchase a "reasonably priced" "sporty" vehicle...I chose the Celica for these reasons...1) Toyota name/quality 2) in the price range I was reviewing...the Celica was the only model (of it's class) that offerred front wheel drive (it's equal to my former Subaru Forester as far as getting around town in the snow and ice)!! 3) It is completely fun and and great to zip around town in (plus) it's a great road trip vehicle and performs its best at 100+ mph (not bad for a GT model with a 4 cylinder)!!....the seats aren't totally comfortable for hours on end, but again for the price....I couldn't be happier!