Used 2004 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Wish they still made these!!
By Jennifer

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2004 Toyota Celica GT, automatic about 2 years ago. It was 11,000 grand. It was a certified pre owned vehicle, so defiantly worth it especially since I haven't spent a penny on it besides general upkeep and purchasing new stock Celica rims since the rims I got with it were low profiles. Which were HORRIBLE in the snow.since getting my new tires and rims this car is a beast in the snow. And we get a lot of it here in PA.

In general the car rocks. I've made a few upgrades, like the stereo and new tires. But the car is kept pretty stock. (Mostly because I don't trust any car shops around here to make it more sporty looking with a body kit).

I am a 5'11 female with really long legs. And i fit fairly comfortably in the driver seat, and the passenger seat. The bucket seats in back are a different story. My head hits the roof.

The front seats look and feel like that straight out of NASCAR. Thought it's only 143 HP, I believe, the cr has some kick and can accurate fairly well. The only time I have issues is going up hill. Even if it's at a slow grade, it takes a moment for my car to shift and sometimes gets stuck around 40 MPH as I slow everyone down behind me. (Oops!) Something I can look into though.

The interior of my car has held up wonderfully. And I honestly think that for an 04 vehicle, it stands the test of time. I'm pulling 104,000 miles and I've seen so many Celicas that have over 300,000 miles. This babies run. And they run for quite a while.

My only complaint?
THEY NEED TO BRING THEM BACK!

I love it!
By Caitlin

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I was looking to buy a car I wanted a cute sports car to take with me to college. I was originally looking at Hyundai Tiburons and when I saw the Celica online I knew that's what I wanted. For only having a 4 cylinder engine it has nice boost of speed when you hit the gas. I have had no problems with mine and I bought it used with 48,000 miles. My car always gets looks by people who see it. :)

It shifts smoothly and looks great!

The back seat is really small but its something I'm willing to deal with!

Never Toyota Again
By Never Toyota Again

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have bought Toyota Celica 2004 GT in 2004. Not much but oil change for the first 2 years. After that the car becomes a money draining machine. Brake changes; Tire changes; Clutch changes; Now, Transmission change - burn out in the middle of no where after 5 years of driving (yes the transmission oil had been changed before). The car is reliable until the expiring mileage of 250000 km or 5 years. I guess Toyota has to make money and we have to buy a new car every five year to have reliable transportation means. Oh, forgot to mention that Check engine lights stay On and I still pass emission test in Ontario. The computer for emission in Celica is very tight.

Body of the car and white color is beautiful to the eyes.

Remove Check Engine Lights and widen emission tolerance; Make more reliable Transmission (many friends of mine have also experience Transmission burn-out like me).

Incredible Car
By Stasie

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for almost two years
and I can't seem to keep my hands off
of it. It is fun to drive, extremly
comfy, looks great, handles great, has
low gas miledge, and could be very
easy to "fix up" if thats what you're
into.

I love the seats and how they just kinda hug you're body.

NONE

My GT300
By gt300

So much aftermarket high-performance
products that will tremendously
transform your car from a stocky-stock
machine to a fast and the furious type
of vehicle, name it carbon fibers,
intakes, suspensions, body kits, rear
spoilers, 19 inch rims and high-
performance race tires, wow simply
amazing. Get the Absolute Red and feel
like your driving a 360 Ferrari Modena.
The Toyota Celica is very stylish,
especially when you install toyota
certified TRD parts. Great car, I love
it so much, fuel economy and the price
is unbeatable.

style, performance and fuel economy

make a wide body for 2005 with 18 inch rims as standard option. Anyway the Celica is a sports Compact car.