2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
The best. Period!
By gtsfreak on 07/19/11 10:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback w/Action Package (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have owned a 2004 Celica GT-S since January 2011. What a blast to drive. Hopefully, I'll get the infamous Toyota reliability out of this car as I did from my 1991 Celica ST. It's a shame Toyota discontinued this model back in 2005. Car runs smooth. Terrific handling. Sharp interior. Unfortunately, Celicas take a beating from the public. I can't tell you how many times people have purposely scratched, keyed and dented my car out of jealousy. It happened to my 1991 Celica as well. For some reason, they just can't let a sweet looking car look sweet for long. On the other side of the coin, even today, people will stop to complement me about this great looking car. It rocks! Very pleased with it.

I love it!
By Caitlin on 09/23/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I was looking to buy a car I wanted a cute sports car to take with me to college. I was originally looking at Hyundai Tiburons and when I saw the Celica online I knew that's what I wanted. For only having a 4 cylinder engine it has nice boost of speed when you hit the gas. I have had no problems with mine and I bought it used with 48,000 miles. My car always gets looks by people who see it. :)

Never Toyota Again
By Never Toyota Again on 08/22/09 11:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have bought Toyota Celica 2004 GT in 2004. Not much but oil change for the first 2 years. After that the car becomes a money draining machine. Brake changes; Tire changes; Clutch changes; Now, Transmission change - burn out in the middle of no where after 5 years of driving (yes the transmission oil had been changed before). The car is reliable until the expiring mileage of 250000 km or 5 years. I guess Toyota has to make money and we have to buy a new car every five year to have reliable transportation means. Oh, forgot to mention that Check engine lights stay On and I still pass emission test in Ontario. The computer for emission in Celica is very tight.

Hail to the "Launch Ramp"...
By Azrael on 09/24/08 01:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I originally wanted an RSX, but, after the test drive, it left something to be desired. It wasn't fast enough. I noticed this car across the lot, and I was immediately drawn to it. This car is so fun to drive! I am averaging around 30 mpg mixed, and the cabin is uber quiet. Freeway on-ramps are now known to me and my family as "launch ramps". One of the only things I don't like about it is the spoiler. Who thought that putting the spoiler across the CENTER of the field of vision was a good idea?!

Great car
By toyfan on 02/09/07 06:50 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Way better handling , performance than previous gen Celica, plus better fuel economy even though its driven enthusiastically. Great job by Toyota, was hard to locate one with ABS. So far has been trouble free, seems like it will go forever.

Last of a dying breed
By Scotty on 05/18/05 14:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

2004 Celica GT-S with action package is an incredibly stylish and fun ride. The only downsides are that it requires 93 octane Premium gas and has a fairly utilitarian interior. As far as 4 cylinder nonturbo coupes go, you cant beat a Celica for fun driving and quick thrills. The prices that Toyotas go for always reflect their longer lifespan and higher resale value. GT-S models feature Lift, similar to Honda V-Tec system -- with a second head kicking in at 6800 rpm for a quick turbo like boost to redline.

This car rocks!
By aznbearsf on 11/13/04 22:55 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback w/Action Package (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Toyota Celica is the pinnacle of sport cars. For an avid tuner like myself, this car has a lot of potential. Even if you leave it all stock, it still has a lot of punch to run with those RSXs and Accords.

Incredible Car
By Stasie on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for almost two years and I can't seem to keep my hands off of it. It is fun to drive, extremly comfy, looks great, handles great, has low gas miledge, and could be very easy to "fix up" if thats what you're into.

The best
By LilBittyB07 on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

While I have had this car it has been great. I haven't had any problem with it and i have found myself doing a whole lot more traveling too.

My GT300
By gt300 on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

So much aftermarket high-performance products that will tremendously transform your car from a stocky-stock machine to a fast and the furious type of vehicle, name it carbon fibers, intakes, suspensions, body kits, rear spoilers, 19 inch rims and high- performance race tires, wow simply amazing. Get the Absolute Red and feel like your driving a 360 Ferrari Modena. The Toyota Celica is very stylish, especially when you install toyota certified TRD parts. Great car, I love it so much, fuel economy and the price is unbeatable.