Used 2004 Toyota Celica GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

I love it!
By Caitlin

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I was looking to buy a car I wanted a cute sports car to take with me to college. I was originally looking at Hyundai Tiburons and when I saw the Celica online I knew that's what I wanted. For only having a 4 cylinder engine it has nice boost of speed when you hit the gas. I have had no problems with mine and I bought it used with 48,000 miles. My car always gets looks by people who see it. :)

Favorite Features

It shifts smoothly and looks great!

Suggested Improvements

The back seat is really small but its something I'm willing to deal with!

Never Toyota Again
By Never Toyota Again

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have bought Toyota Celica 2004 GT in 2004. Not much but oil change for the first 2 years. After that the car becomes a money draining machine. Brake changes; Tire changes; Clutch changes; Now, Transmission change - burn out in the middle of no where after 5 years of driving (yes the transmission oil had been changed before). The car is reliable until the expiring mileage of 250000 km or 5 years. I guess Toyota has to make money and we have to buy a new car every five year to have reliable transportation means. Oh, forgot to mention that Check engine lights stay On and I still pass emission test in Ontario. The computer for emission in Celica is very tight.

Favorite Features

Body of the car and white color is beautiful to the eyes.

Suggested Improvements

Remove Check Engine Lights and widen emission tolerance; Make more reliable Transmission (many friends of mine have also experience Transmission burn-out like me).

Incredible Car
By Stasie

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for almost two years and I can't seem to keep my hands off of it. It is fun to drive, extremly comfy, looks great, handles great, has low gas miledge, and could be very easy to "fix up" if thats what you're into.

Favorite Features

I love the seats and how they just kinda hug you're body.

Suggested Improvements

NONE

My GT300
By gt300

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

So much aftermarket high-performance products that will tremendously transform your car from a stocky-stock machine to a fast and the furious type of vehicle, name it carbon fibers, intakes, suspensions, body kits, rear spoilers, 19 inch rims and high- performance race tires, wow simply amazing. Get the Absolute Red and feel like your driving a 360 Ferrari Modena. The Toyota Celica is very stylish, especially when you install toyota certified TRD parts. Great car, I love it so much, fuel economy and the price is unbeatable.

Favorite Features

style, performance and fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

make a wide body for 2005 with 18 inch rims as standard option. Anyway the Celica is a sports Compact car.

THe Ultimate "Toy"ota
By Da_Guy_w/a_Celica

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Toyota Celica is an awesome and fun car to drive. It is also ONE of FIVE Japanese cars know as "Pocket Rockets". It has a low price for anyone to buy. The gas mileage is very good to. It gets BETTER gas mileage than the Honda Civic. Sure the Civic is cheaper, but who would want a car they wouldn't enjoy. In the Celica you can have it in a low gear the on a cerve you shift up and it will rocket you around the curve.There is no possible way to be ripped off when buying a NEW Celica.

Favorite Features

How everything is set around the driver. The shift knob isn't far down or high up its just right. The whole look of the car is stream line and aerodynamic. The interior is cool like a streetracer's car.

Suggested Improvements

NONE