Used 2004 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Celica

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Never Toyota Again
By Never Toyota Again

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have bought Toyota Celica 2004 GT in 2004. Not much but oil change for the first 2 years. After that the car becomes a money draining machine. Brake changes; Tire changes; Clutch changes; Now, Transmission change - burn out in the middle of no where after 5 years of driving (yes the transmission oil had been changed before). The car is reliable until the expiring mileage of 250000 km or 5 years. I guess Toyota has to make money and we have to buy a new car every five year to have reliable transportation means. Oh, forgot to mention that Check engine lights stay On and I still pass emission test in Ontario. The computer for emission in Celica is very tight.

Favorite Features

Body of the car and white color is beautiful to the eyes.

Suggested Improvements

Remove Check Engine Lights and widen emission tolerance; Make more reliable Transmission (many friends of mine have also experience Transmission burn-out like me).

I think I've had enough
By toyotagearhead

2004 Toyota Celica GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I only bought this car because I needed to drive something. My old Celica got totaled. It is a decent car, however, the exterior design got old real fast. I wish I would have bought a 94 to 99 Celica or waited to see if a new design is going to come out anytime soon.

Favorite Features

One thing that I did like is the fact that I could add a factory supercharger without voiding the warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior body design needs help. It looks like a Ford Focus. :( The rounded design of the 94-99's was the best!

disappointed
By frisco

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback w/Action Package (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

fun to drive but advertised 180 horse power is over rated. good gas milage 36 on long trips transmission 6 speed manual gears are hard to find

The Celica can really
By MD822325

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

If you love a great fuel friendly car with really superb handling. You need a Toyota Celica!

Awesome Car
By Tucute17

2004 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The celica is a awesome car. It handles like a dream! The gas mileage is pretty good considering its a sports car!

Favorite Features

The body kit! Interior is really sharp!

Suggested Improvements

I would rather have the dome light above my head instead of under the rearview mirror! I need more light then that at night time, when I'm looking for things.