Used 2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By V8 smoker

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I Love this car so much. Although it's slow at first when accelerating but after 6800 RPM's you can feel the rush of a great amount of speed. It kinda catches your opponent off gaurd. I love this car. It's better then my Eclipse. oh yeah...smoking mustang gts is fun.

The interior and exterior looks. It gives off a very fast looking apperance.

maybe if you could get the boost a little bit lower RPM's then 6800.

great car
By california-coaster

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The performance of this car is great. Driving mountain roads in California it really feels solid. There are no unpleasant surprises in the handling that I've encountered.

Great handling. With the GT-S, once you get the revs up it really punches through

Better low end torque

sake alive
By thepop

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Been searching for quite a while for a new car. And became tired of the emphasis on luxury. I wanted a car to make me feel alive when I drive. This car has a great sounding engine and, although power is sacrificed for fuel economy, the rage is there when I want it. Initially, I was wary of the 6 speed, but in my experience, it is a breeze to shift and much tighter than the c230K and saab93. Because of it's control I feel much safer in it than my clunky old SUV. This car trades off raw enthusiam when I want with fuel sipping economy while maintaing an excellent poise.

6 speed manual transmission. It will take some time to refine/redefine my driving style. Makes me feel like I'm 16 and going nuts.

Only problem with this car, is that people see it and want to race you. Not that I won't oblige, but to me this is a hopped up commuter car compared to the HP that is rally on the street.

A great car
By T.East

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car friendly to drive great handling and power with the 5 speed.smooth shifting and forgiving.the paint is very thin,and the plastics soft to road debris,rocks etc.Lighter is cheaper i guess how else do you get 31+ miles to the gallon and i drive freeway 95% of the time at 80 miles per hour great gas milage.pricey to some but hey not every corner you turn you see one comming at you ethier,its worth it, go get one youll love it, have fun .

indy style seating,and the sun roof is neat. i never had one before,sound system great .

better paint coat,and thicker plastics to handel busy dirty roads these days,i dont think you could improve the car any more,dont change what works.

Perfect
By celicaGTJ

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second car, my first was a Chrysler, nice but not too much fun. My Celica is awesome! Toyota has been very helpful, I have been in contact with Toyota USA France and Japan and they are all more than willing to help. I haven't had any problems with it except a bus running into it but it just got some scratches which came out quite easially. This car is perfect! Well, one morning it was really cold and wouldn't start very easily but that was the only problem I've ever had. I highly recomend it!

The interior, the seats are the best part, very comfortable.

Don't destroy the car in 2005.