2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
The Little Car That Could...
By pipkinra on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Wasn't looking for a new car but my current Toyota SUV was almost paid off and was getting nervous about having all that extra money,so stoped at the Toyota Dealer and as you walked in there was a Dark Blue Celica. Love at first sight.Test drove the Acura RSX but didn't care for the interior materials or the instrument cluster. Considered the Hyundai but worried about the resale value. Thought about the Mazda6 but wanted to get away from the sedan look and wanted something under 20,000. Test drove it and loved everything about it. Got the Update package which has everything you could want in a sports car. Although have to admit I liked that Mazda6.

2003 Toyota Celica GTS review
By Leroyy on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I am 49 years old and this is the best handling, breaking, and quickest car I have ever owned. It also looks very cool.

I wanted a 1998 TT Supra but no luck
By babyblue0844 on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I like my car just that i think a supra is the way to go. Especially since they are coming out in 2004 i am going to be first in line to get one .. Man I can't wait to buy one.

TOYOTA CELICA BEATS THE COMPETITION
By Leonard Mazerov on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have given this car 9s and 10s in the survey. The only design items I find poor are: 1. The location of the driver's seat belt. 2. The rear spoiler interferes with driver's ability see out the back window.

Looks fast, Drives slow
By jcworrel on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is really pathetic when it comes to 0-60 speed. It is so slow off the line if feels like you might be in reverse. A 4 cyl just doesn't cut it and while it does pick up after you hit 15mph or so, it is embarrasing because the 96 Geo Metro that was next to you at the light is already down the street hanging a left. Throw a V-6 in this and another 50 horsepower and Toyota might be on to something. For now, save your money for a 300ZX or the new Mazada RX-8 and get a real car.

"Auto. Celica is a DOG!!", Toyota Rep
By liberty on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After explaining problems to Toyota Rep, he said "Celica GTS with an Automatic trans is a "dog". It performs exactly like you described, there's nothing mechanically wrong with the car." He said "You signed for the car, you own it." I was flabbergasted. I asked if Toyota planned to continue to manufacture this car he said yes. You can't rely on any power when accelerating from a stop. I floor the gas pedal at a stop, I get no acceleration. DO NOT BUY THIS DOG!!

The 4 banger that could
By gbpfan on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A great 2 person ride. Back seat OK for kids. Great handling (You just want to take drives went ever you can). Performance is surprising for a 4 cycl. Ok low end gearing, great high end gearing. Road noise. Great performance ride for the price.

Thanks
By Platinumplaya69 on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I really like this care and everything about it its great.

Not enough low end torque
By JWorrel on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car takes to long to get going. When you punch the gas pedal, nothing happens until about 5 seconds later (when you are at 7000 rpm). I know that is sort of the point, and it does corner great and can accelerate through turns great, but I still feel that it makes the car feel underpowered and sluggish off the line. At least a 6cyl Grand Am can bark the tires when you floor it. Apparently a manual transmission in this car is a must since you probably have to rev it up to about 7,000 rpm and drop the clutch to have a good start off the line. I'm just disappointed because I wanted something sporty, but this car just doesn't have any real oomph.

My new GT-S
By ant on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

this cars packs a hugh punch. I love driving a sporty vehicle. The excitement of it all is rarely over whelming. My wife drives it more than me now. I keep getting stuck with the small SUV that we purchased a yer ago and I think I'm about to trade it in and buy another Celica. This time, in black!