Used 2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

cELLLLL
By celicaboy

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Under powered and over priced

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

More power

Better than expected
By Sheroo

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We got this car for my wife. She is petite and wanted a sporty look and I wanted something safe with good gas mileage. This was the perfect balance. We have driven it all over northeast and even taken it camping. the boot space is terrific and can accomodate almost anything you need. gas mileage is almost 31/38. Braking is very good and it handles very well in snow and city Ice. We r in Buffalo, NY and u don't have a better place to test that. She loves the look and the drive I love the handling and utility. My Wife wants to keep it forever.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, comfort specially during long drives and surprise, surprise : Handling in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

imporve Blind Spots, disc brakes in the back

Worth it
By ToyoGT

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car durning the spring break of '04. From the moment I sat down in it, I knew this was the car for me. Simpliy put the looks are amazing. The redesign of the tail lights is great. They look like the redded out verisons people have been buying. I have found that the power to be lacking alittle, but the way it handles turns you soon forget about that. I love this car and wouldn't trade it for anything else right now. Now stop reading this and go drive one. Not just a chicks car. A driver's car.

Favorite Features

I love the standard transmission, the engine sounds amazing. The color I got was carbon blue. So dark that it looks black in the shade and dark blue in the sun.The seats are very well made, with lots of support for the corners. The over-all styling is great too.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I could really think of was to give it the 2ZZ-GE motor. It would be better if it had lift bolts and a six speed. But that would make it a GT-S so, for just a GT it is just a little underpowered.

SMOKIN
By BLUE DEVIL

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2002 celica and wrecked it, i bought 2003 action package one. The car is awsome.

Favorite Features

Its small sporty, sleek look, and the car has great handling.

Suggested Improvements

NEED MORE POWER 140 hp not enough!

2003 Celica GT - 11 Month Review
By mew1127

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my '03 Celica GT for 11 months and I love it. It's a $20k car and not a $40k car..and for that $20 it's sporty looking, fun to drive and very economical. There is a rattle in the sunroof, but I haven't been able to leave it for a whole day at the dealership, so I just turn the stereo up. I'm comfortable in the cabin (but long road trips are not recommended!). I especially like the hatchback feature. I use my car almost as a truck, but I prefer to drive a sporty car, so the Celica fits my needs perfectly. Overall I'm very satisfied for a $20k car.

Favorite Features

I love the sporty looks - it looks fast sitting still! I also like the hatchback feature. A 16' extension ladder (8' in length when not extended) actualy fits in this car. Other good features are nice cornering, nice hwy speed acceleration, and very economical.

Suggested Improvements

More torque for better acceleration from a stop; more seat padding; be able to raise driver seat higher for short people; a few more inches in length to get 10' long lumber completely inside - as it is, only a 9'6' boards will fit. Re-design of the unappealing tail lamps.