Used 2003 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Cool....
By hercules00

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I initially fell in love with this car for its looks. And now that I have driven it, the love has just increased. The beauty isnt just skin deep :) I love the way this car handles and especially corners. The sound of the screaming engine when the car redlines at abt 8300 is also very pleasing. The best part is that you snugly fit into your seet and it feels like the car is growing out of you and is a part of you. Everyting is within easy reach. However, I the sunroof is already squeaking, the exterior door handles buzz with the bass from the music system and something is rattling near the muffler. I am a little disappointed at the famed Toyota build quality.

The look, the engine sound, the VVTi-L kick, the steering, the mileage.

Some more low end torque. Better build quality. Better dashboard plastics (the present ones look cheap).

cELLLLL
By celicaboy

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Under powered and over priced

None

More power

Better than expected
By Sheroo

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We got this car for my wife. She is petite and wanted a sporty look and I wanted something safe with good gas mileage. This was the perfect balance. We have driven it all over northeast and even taken it camping. the boot space is terrific and can accomodate almost anything you need. gas mileage is almost 31/38. Braking is very good and it handles very well in snow and city Ice. We r in Buffalo, NY and u don't have a better place to test that. She loves the look and the drive I love the handling and utility. My Wife wants to keep it forever.

Gas Mileage, comfort specially during long drives and surprise, surprise : Handling in the snow.

imporve Blind Spots, disc brakes in the back

Worth it
By ToyoGT

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car durning the spring break of '04. From the moment I sat down in it, I knew this was the car for me. Simpliy put the looks are amazing. The redesign of the tail lights is great. They look like the redded out verisons people have been buying. I have found that the power to be lacking alittle, but the way it handles turns you soon forget about that. I love this car and wouldn't trade it for anything else right now. Now stop reading this and go drive one. Not just a chicks car. A driver's car.

I love the standard transmission, the engine sounds amazing. The color I got was carbon blue. So dark that it looks black in the shade and dark blue in the sun.The seats are very well made, with lots of support for the corners. The over-all styling is great too.

The only thing I could really think of was to give it the 2ZZ-GE motor. It would be better if it had lift bolts and a six speed. But that would make it a GT-S so, for just a GT it is just a little underpowered.

SMOKIN
By BLUE DEVIL

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2002 celica and wrecked it, i bought 2003 action package one. The car is awsome.

Its small sporty, sleek look, and the car has great handling.

NEED MORE POWER 140 hp not enough!