2003 Toyota Celica Consumer Review: 2003 Celica GT - 11 Month Revi

2003 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Review

2003 Celica GT - 11 Month Review
By mew1127 on

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my '03 Celica GT for 11 months and I love it. It's a $20k car and not a $40k car..and for that $20 it's sporty looking, fun to drive and very economical. There is a rattle in the sunroof, but I haven't been able to leave it for a whole day at the dealership, so I just turn the stereo up. I'm comfortable in the cabin (but long road trips are not recommended!). I especially like the hatchback feature. I use my car almost as a truck, but I prefer to drive a sporty car, so the Celica fits my needs perfectly. Overall I'm very satisfied for a $20k car.

Favorite Features

I love the sporty looks - it looks fast sitting still! I also like the hatchback feature. A 16' extension ladder (8' in length when not extended) actualy fits in this car. Other good features are nice cornering, nice hwy speed acceleration, and very economical.

Suggested Improvements

More torque for better acceleration from a stop; more seat padding; be able to raise driver seat higher for short people; a few more inches in length to get 10' long lumber completely inside - as it is, only a 9'6' boards will fit. Re-design of the unappealing tail lamps.