2003 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Great Car
By cam_ on 12/28/13 13:50 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is what I have to say about these certain Topics: Fuel Economy: Excellent for a car of this style. A sport car style with great mileage. People will appreciate this car when gas prices shoot up. I get 33 mpg (mix highway/city). GTS model required premium gas. Performance: Under powered but that's alright, but that is the trade off for good mileage. GT model gets 140hp while the GTS gets 180hp. Either model is fun to drive. If you think 140hp GT sucks compared to the GTS's 180hp, keep in mind that the 2013 VW golf hybrid turbo makes 170hp.. GT or GTS is equally a great buy. But if you like the sound of "Lift" (similar sound to VTEC) get the GTS.

It's a great car for its class
By Tigress on 01/20/10 11:55 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my car. It's an absolutely great car for the price (I could not find a better one in its class). Toyota did cheap out on a few things like some materials they use (like for seats) is really shoddy. But, it's cause they managed to make this car perform better than its predecessor while making the price cheaper. The car handles like a dream even for a FWD. It's not the fastest in its class but it's an absolute ball to drive. So far it's been reliable but I've only had it for a year so take that as you will. It does have some buzzes rattles and the seats have wear out parts but it seems so far the stuff that matters like engine is solid.

By flgirl1 on 07/27/09 15:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have purchased many cars in my lifetime, but I must say that I really like this car. It has a good sound system, and is very sporty. I am always receiving compliments on it even though it is 6 years old! I am single, so I wasn't the least bit concerned about a 4 door. It is very economical and I fill up my tank way less than previously. All in all, I couldn't ask for a better vehicle.

My '03 Celica
By Tina on 09/04/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand spanking new car at 40yrs of age. I wanted a car that was sporty, yet economical. This car suits me fine since I am only 5'1". My children are all older so I really didn't care about the comfort of the backseat. We have taken it on many road trips, it is a bit cramped for my husband who is 5'9", but if I drive (which I always do) he can adjust and we always bring plenty of pillows. I do not regret for a moment buying this car since I do put about 27,000 miles/year on her, but she is holding up wonderfully even in the worst weather the Northeast has to offer. Thanks Toyota, I love my Celica :)

Great Purchase
By Jen on 05/28/08 09:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought mine new in late 2003. Have not been sorry except for when I have people or luggage to haul, and even the luggage can be worked around. This car gets great gas mileage and I have never gotten more compliments on a vehicle than this. I always have people telling me how "cool" my car is and it is now approaching 5 years old. The only thing, other than a little more backseat space that I would like is a few more "electronic" features loike sterring wheel stereo controls, etc, but for the money, it is a great car and who cares about the stereo when you can't drive the car because of mechanical issues? Reliable and a lifesaver right now because of gas prices, I STILL love my Celica.

Ugh
By Ket on 06/26/07 16:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new. I have never been in an accident, but the car's been in the shop 4 months out of the 4 years I've had it anyway. The throttle body assembly went, both of the O2 sensors went, the AC went, my sunroof was fixed for leaking, both windows fixed for leaking, left window motor replaced, and the front hood's paint job is messed up/chipping despite my constant attention to it. I get an oil change every 3,000 miles, no exceptions and suggested services as necessary (tune-ups, fluid flushes, etc). It's only got 57,000 miles on it. Guess I got a bad one.

32 Month Review
By mew1127 on 08/18/05 12:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've now owned this car for more than 2 1/2 years, and I still love it! It's a blast to drive, very nimble in tight parking situations, and it has decent acceleration from a dead stop. With todays gas prices, it's gas sipping quality is very much appreciated by this happy Celica owner. Reliability has been great, and when I clean it up, it still looks brand new. If you want a good used car that looks sporty, handles well, and gets good gas mileage, you'll love this car!

Better than expected
By Sheroo on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We got this car for my wife. She is petite and wanted a sporty look and I wanted something safe with good gas mileage. This was the perfect balance. We have driven it all over northeast and even taken it camping. the boot space is terrific and can accomodate almost anything you need. gas mileage is almost 31/38. Braking is very good and it handles very well in snow and city Ice. We r in Buffalo, NY and u don't have a better place to test that. She loves the look and the drive I love the handling and utility. My Wife wants to keep it forever.

Worth it
By ToyoGT on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car durning the spring break of '04. From the moment I sat down in it, I knew this was the car for me. Simpliy put the looks are amazing. The redesign of the tail lights is great. They look like the redded out verisons people have been buying. I have found that the power to be lacking alittle, but the way it handles turns you soon forget about that. I love this car and wouldn't trade it for anything else right now. Now stop reading this and go drive one. Not just a chicks car. A driver's car.

SMOKIN
By BLUE DEVIL on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2002 celica and wrecked it, i bought 2003 action package one. The car is awsome.