2003 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Great Car
By cam_ on 12/28/13 13:50 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is what I have to say about these certain Topics: Fuel Economy: Excellent for a car of this style. A sport car style with great mileage. People will appreciate this car when gas prices shoot up. I get 33 mpg (mix highway/city). GTS model required premium gas. Performance: Under powered but that's alright, but that is the trade off for good mileage. GT model gets 140hp while the GTS gets 180hp. Either model is fun to drive. If you think 140hp GT sucks compared to the GTS's 180hp, keep in mind that the 2013 VW golf hybrid turbo makes 170hp.. GT or GTS is equally a great buy. But if you like the sound of "Lift" (similar sound to VTEC) get the GTS.

Fantastic car
By EKinCapistrano on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It surprised me how well Celicas retained their value, then I drove one! I'd been eyeballing them for a couple months and when I finally had enough cash to buy it outright, I didn't hesitate to scoop one up. I disagree with the sports car classification but it is quick. Having owned a junky '97 Sebring and still owning a '70 El Camino, both problematic, it's great to have a car where I only need to do routine maintenance and it runs like a top. My Celica has almost 94,000 miles on it and I can probably get another 100,000 out of it before it starts to really fall apart!

It's a great car for its class
By Tigress on 01/20/10 11:55 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my car. It's an absolutely great car for the price (I could not find a better one in its class). Toyota did cheap out on a few things like some materials they use (like for seats) is really shoddy. But, it's cause they managed to make this car perform better than its predecessor while making the price cheaper. The car handles like a dream even for a FWD. It's not the fastest in its class but it's an absolute ball to drive. So far it's been reliable but I've only had it for a year so take that as you will. It does have some buzzes rattles and the seats have wear out parts but it seems so far the stuff that matters like engine is solid.

By flgirl1 on 07/27/09 15:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have purchased many cars in my lifetime, but I must say that I really like this car. It has a good sound system, and is very sporty. I am always receiving compliments on it even though it is 6 years old! I am single, so I wasn't the least bit concerned about a 4 door. It is very economical and I fill up my tank way less than previously. All in all, I couldn't ask for a better vehicle.

My '03 Celica
By Tina on 09/04/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand spanking new car at 40yrs of age. I wanted a car that was sporty, yet economical. This car suits me fine since I am only 5'1". My children are all older so I really didn't care about the comfort of the backseat. We have taken it on many road trips, it is a bit cramped for my husband who is 5'9", but if I drive (which I always do) he can adjust and we always bring plenty of pillows. I do not regret for a moment buying this car since I do put about 27,000 miles/year on her, but she is holding up wonderfully even in the worst weather the Northeast has to offer. Thanks Toyota, I love my Celica :)

True Love
By Jen on 07/30/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this beautiful Celica a year and a half ago and its been nothing short of amazing. The way it grabs the road, the power of LIFT (GT-S only) and no hesitation at speeds way above 100 is mind blowing. I love the looks I get from people who often confuse it with Lamborghinis and Ferraris, only to be further shocked that it's by Toyota. An amazing car, especially in Solar Yellow.

Great Purchase
By Jen on 05/28/08 09:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought mine new in late 2003. Have not been sorry except for when I have people or luggage to haul, and even the luggage can be worked around. This car gets great gas mileage and I have never gotten more compliments on a vehicle than this. I always have people telling me how "cool" my car is and it is now approaching 5 years old. The only thing, other than a little more backseat space that I would like is a few more "electronic" features loike sterring wheel stereo controls, etc, but for the money, it is a great car and who cares about the stereo when you can't drive the car because of mechanical issues? Reliable and a lifesaver right now because of gas prices, I STILL love my Celica.

Ugh
By Ket on 06/26/07 16:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new. I have never been in an accident, but the car's been in the shop 4 months out of the 4 years I've had it anyway. The throttle body assembly went, both of the O2 sensors went, the AC went, my sunroof was fixed for leaking, both windows fixed for leaking, left window motor replaced, and the front hood's paint job is messed up/chipping despite my constant attention to it. I get an oil change every 3,000 miles, no exceptions and suggested services as necessary (tune-ups, fluid flushes, etc). It's only got 57,000 miles on it. Guess I got a bad one.

32 Month Review
By mew1127 on 08/18/05 12:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've now owned this car for more than 2 1/2 years, and I still love it! It's a blast to drive, very nimble in tight parking situations, and it has decent acceleration from a dead stop. With todays gas prices, it's gas sipping quality is very much appreciated by this happy Celica owner. Reliability has been great, and when I clean it up, it still looks brand new. If you want a good used car that looks sporty, handles well, and gets good gas mileage, you'll love this car!

Cool....
By hercules00 on 07/10/05 00:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I initially fell in love with this car for its looks. And now that I have driven it, the love has just increased. The beauty isnt just skin deep :) I love the way this car handles and especially corners. The sound of the screaming engine when the car redlines at abt 8300 is also very pleasing. The best part is that you snugly fit into your seet and it feels like the car is growing out of you and is a part of you. Everyting is within easy reach. However, I the sunroof is already squeaking, the exterior door handles buzz with the bass from the music system and something is rattling near the muffler. I am a little disappointed at the famed Toyota build quality.