2002 Toyota Celica Consumer Review: Toyota, Please bring this car

2002 Toyota Celica - Consumer Review

GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Toyota, Please bring this car back
By qkslvr on

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 new and have 190,000 miles on it. I just returned from a seven week 9400 mile road trip. My guitar, my golf clubs, my clothes with room for a passenger. This is one of those amazing cars like the old Honda Civic Hatchback that do so many things well. On top of that, this design was over the top for a $20K sports car. I hope you all recall the great commercials implying that the car looked like it was going 60 while standing still. Since Toyota sold nearly as many of these as Mitsubishi did of their Eclipse I still don't understand the move to discontinue it. Let's face it, the MR2 may have been a performer but one could never travel in it with more than a carry-on.

Without a doubt, the exterior styling was and is still so much more than you could expect for a car in this price range. The competition, (Eclipse, Tiburon) doesn't hold a candle. The Z is as pretty but pricier and no room. My Celica will go to my grandson when I find a nice low miles 2005.

I'm 5'-10" so just bring it back without any changes.
By silverbow25
on 01/30/13 17:39 PM (PST)

The Scion TC is the new Celica.