My sweetheart
By silvenshadow on
2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I've driven it HARD for 30,000 mi and it runs flawlessly. Not a 0-60 or a 1/4mi car, but with a skidpad of over .9g it caresses the curves. Balence is excellent. The difference between oversteer, and understeer is only a blip or brake away. Not scary-fast, and the #1 reason I got it: It's the most beautiful thing on the road IMO. Looking for speed-thrills? look elsewhere. It's just a pure experience. I don't need to go past 135mph anyway. And a note to anyone like me: Considering buying one because she shines like a diamond? The feel and spirit of the car will make up for any shortcomings. I've had mine for 10mo and she still takes my breath away.
Favorite Features
Handling, Cockpit, storage, CARGO CAPACITY! Folding seats. Decent radio. Weighs almost nothing. Close-ratio transmission. Unique elegant gauges. Seats/lateral support. High red-line. Easy maintinance. Good gas milage. Great high-speed stability. It's beautiful!
Suggested Improvements
ABS should be stock, as well as the short-throw shifter.. Stock antenna is ugly. Stock tires weren't so good. Some people complain about headroom, but I'm 6'0" and if I had my way I would drop the roof by about 2-3in and widen the car by 3-4 in.