2002 Toyota Celica 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great little car

2002 Toyota Celica - Consumer Review

Great little car
By ken on

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 65 and have owned this car for 3 years. I plan on keeping it for the rest of my life. It is really fun to drive, it has excellent brakes, handles great, gets good gas mileage,(32 mpg highway) and is super reliable, I've had zero problems with it. The only changes I've done on it are going to 16" performance tires and a low restriction air filter. It is plenty fast when you need to pass on 2 lane roads. High speed stability is outstanding. I'm 6'3" so it is a little tight when I slide under the steering wheel, but the headroom is fine. My only complaints are what everyone else seems to mention in their reviews, not enough low end torque, rear visibility, and rear seat room.

Favorite Features

Brakes, handling, gas mileage, reliability, stereo system, almost perfect example of what an economical,reliable, fun to drive car should be like.

Suggested Improvements

More low end torque, tilting steering wheel, slightly better rear visibility, cup holder placement, turbo optional.