2002 Toyota Celica 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Got Lift?

2002 Toyota Celica - Consumer Review

Got Lift?
By JonIndianaPA on

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Wow, I love my 2002 Celica GTS! The sound of the engine and exhaust is music to my ears. Talk about driver/road interfacing, this car is amazing. Even for the automatic (sport shifters on the wheel), the power is pretty good. But the handling and control is it's gem. I hit lift all the time, when I really need it. Unlike some V6/8's which use gas all the time, you can get good mpg if you drive it lightly, but if you feel a little wild and open her up, your mpg will degrade. The car is very sytlish and is unique. The GTS trim is rare, and the leather seats give the car a more lux appearance. I love the wheels of the GTS too! This is a great car!

Favorite Features

VVTL-I, sport shifters, safty features (side airbags/duel front airbags, side door beams/antilock brakes), alloy wheels and low-profile tires, Leather seats, and of course the exterior looks!

Suggested Improvements

Have the power window controls on the doors, not the center console. But hey, it's a sport's coupe. Angle the rear speakers toward the front. Buy a honda S2000 antenna for $15, the stock one is tacky.