2002 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Great car
By silvercelica01 on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was undecided if I wanted the GT or the GT-S. I am glad I chose the GT... however, get the 5-speed. The automatic is too slow. If you plan on putting a lot of mods on the car, then get the GT-S. But the powerband on both cars under 6500rpms is almost identical. The car looks great, and is very fun to drive. Taking corners is extremely fun.

Fun to Drive
By mchutch on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Celica is a great car that handles really well in all areas, acceleration, braking, and handling. It gets great gas mileage and handles better than the rest of the sports coupes in this price range.

Rocket Car
By Hangin' Sixth on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

What a fun little missle. It takes the daily drive and makes it an adventure. I have to watch the speed on the freeway because the GTS just gets more solid the faster it goes. Get the action package, with leather!

Celica GTS 2002
By CelicaLicious on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is a GREAT car, even though for the 2002 model they lowered the fuel cut off from 8300 to 7800, making the car about .7 seconds slower in the 1/4mile. a lot of people have been complaining about it to car & driver, and other reputable magazines.. hopefully toyota will recall all 2002's and update our ECU's. but overall this is a great car! but if you plan on forced induction you are better off with the GT model, the GTS has a 11.5 compression ratio, and thats way too high..

celica
By flowa8181 on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this is my first vehicle and i love it.It's definetly fun and safe. I wouldn't pick a different car.

The best looking/driving car on earth!
By Christi on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My celica has the action package and it's the most attractive vehicle on the road. I couldn't imagine driving anything else.

Got Lift?
By JonIndianaPA on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Wow, I love my 2002 Celica GTS! The sound of the engine and exhaust is music to my ears. Talk about driver/road interfacing, this car is amazing. Even for the automatic (sport shifters on the wheel), the power is pretty good. But the handling and control is it's gem. I hit lift all the time, when I really need it. Unlike some V6/8's which use gas all the time, you can get good mpg if you drive it lightly, but if you feel a little wild and open her up, your mpg will degrade. The car is very sytlish and is unique. The GTS trim is rare, and the leather seats give the car a more lux appearance. I love the wheels of the GTS too! This is a great car!

The perfect tool for fun
By nippononly on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car mainly as a daily commuter, but find myself looking for canyons to drive through just to enjoy the drive! This car has awesome reliability, gas mileage (over 35 consistently), handling, and brakes. Plus it has a fantastic look - at a time when almost every other car on the road looks like everything else in its class or by its manufacturer, the celica stands out as completely unique.

Toyota Celica GTS
By BBolick on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I would recommend buying the GT-S version. It has more pep and great to drive. The GT version is good for the slower driver in mind.

Excellent lil' sports coupe
By Chrissy on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I haven't gotten a celica...yet... I have only brought it for a test drive. As soon as I have enough to pay in full so I don't need a loan, don't worrie baby...that coupe will be sitting in my drive way, awaiting to be driven. Amazing Car for under $30,000!!!