2002 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews 4

2002 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
My sweetheart
By silvenshadow on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven it HARD for 30,000 mi and it runs flawlessly. Not a 0-60 or a 1/4mi car, but with a skidpad of over .9g it caresses the curves. Balence is excellent. The difference between oversteer, and understeer is only a blip or brake away. Not scary-fast, and the #1 reason I got it: It's the most beautiful thing on the road IMO. Looking for speed-thrills? look elsewhere. It's just a pure experience. I don't need to go past 135mph anyway. And a note to anyone like me: Considering buying one because she shines like a diamond? The feel and spirit of the car will make up for any shortcomings. I've had mine for 10mo and she still takes my breath away.

Glad I did it!
By Stevio on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was a little skeptical, but bought a 2002 Celica GT "certified used" with 6K miles on it. Without a lot of options, I got it cheap for a commuter car to keep miles off my more expensive and gas thirsty Land Rovers. It's really a blast to drive. Not too much power so you get carried away, but still fun getting up to the speed limit just a little faster than most. Great little car. It's no Bimmer or Benz, but adequate in all respects. It's been called a "chick car" but I can think of worse things than having a car that women appreciate.

Excellent pick
By hmntafiel1 on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Although this car does not have as much horsepower as the GT-S model, it is still a fun car to drive. Not only that, but the fuel economy of this car is great. I drive on the highway quite a ways since my job is 55 miles one-way and this baby has given me up to 450 miles on a single tank of gas. The ride is not as smooth as let's say- a Lexus, but the suspension is great, especially around those curves. Would definitely recommend this car to anyone who is considering it.

celica02
By atazman on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Handles excellent, a lot of fun to drive, great looks in and out.

Wonderful Experience
By JMiller on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Since i bought this car close to a year ago it has been nothing but a Fun Ride. Great mileage and a sporty feel. You can't beat it.!

Awesome Car!!!
By Deidra on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car, I bought it new less than a year ago and it's just great. I haven't had any problems at all, in fact i think this is just one of the best cars to buy and recommend it highly.

2002 celica GT
By silverceli2002 on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car, handles exceptionally.Looks great and the gas mileage on the GT is wonderful. This car is a lot of fun, you'll love it!

really fun ride
By bubster on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

fun, fast, really a treat to drive

I love my Marklar!
By Clarg on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Celica last summer and I love it. It is fun to drive and handles really well. I couldn't believe it when I realized I could take corners and not have to slow down! Warning: if you are used to driving a Celica, and have to drive another car (i.e. a rental on vacation), drive safely, because I nearly killed myself when I drove a Corolla for a few days and forgot that a Corolla doesn't handle like a Celica!

Need 4 wheel drive for inclement weather
By Abebz0208 on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was excited getting the Celica GT- S. People stopped me to tell me what agreat looking car. Then it snowed. This car handles poorly in inclement weather. It just doesn't hold the road. Trouble keeping car in lane when road has worn pavement tracks. Bottoms out on high drives and catxhes cement stopping blocks in parking lots. Cup fly out of cup holders.