Used 2002 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Celica

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Solid coupe
By Matt

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Solid sporty coupe, had it for almost six years now and the only maintenance I've had to perform is changing fluids, tires, etc. It doesn't have massive amounts of power but with a manual it's possible to extract decent performance out of the base GT engine. Turning is superb; the car handles like it's on a track. The handling compares favorably to a Cooper S and is comparable to a Miata.

Favorite Features

Handling. Auto on/off headlights. Crisp shifter and clutch. Fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Standard ABS. 1/8" Line-in on stereo. Continued production of vehicle.

Dependable Car
By celica02

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car was very smooth when I first got it. Fun to drive alone or with another person. Doesn't have a lot of torque or horse so I wouldnt recommend carrying 2+ passengers. Very nice on the turns. This is my first car and I'm planning on driving it until the wheels fall off. Sport seats are very comfortable. Makes you feel like you're sitting on the floor. This is a good car for daly commuters or first car owners. I shouldnt gotten the GT-S package. Looks nice with the TRD body and has more horse.

Favorite Features

The exterior design is sleek. The size of the car isn't too big or too small but small enough for an excuse to not taxi people around.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger wheels. Standard sun roof. Also a special discount for celica owners for when the replacement model comes out.

They Need To Continue Making This Car!!
By Jennifer Pirelli

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been my dream car since high school and I finally got one for myself and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I absolutely love the sleekness of its body, it's so sharp around turns, it really hugs the curves, it feels like driving a little racecar except it's really not that fast, but it sure looks like it is!! It's a beautiful car and I would recommend it to everyone, it's so dependable, I have never had a problem with it. I've had it for about a year and a half and I bought it used, but certified, and it has never been in the shop for anything but inspection and oil changes. I love it!!

Favorite Features

The body, the way the power window buttons are on the center console, I laugh at all my passengers who can't find the buttons, the whole appearance of the front of the car, I think the headlights and foglights are my favorite, the stereo system isn't half bad either!

Suggested Improvements

Come out with some brand new models!

This is one smokin' ride!
By Levi

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

For as cheap as you can find these now, these are some of the most fun to drive, and reliable cars around today. Consumer Reports gave it the most reliable sporty car award this model year.

Favorite Features

Sharp styling, smooth ride, chick magnet.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger standard wheels, lil more bang in the standard GT motor.

Awesome Car
By Katie Needle

2002 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle for 2 years and I love it! If you keep it maintained it won't fail you! I've never had a problem yet, except for one day my rigt side power window didn't work. Then it worked again the next day. It's a great sports car to own before you have a family. I do cart my neices and nephews around in it though!!

Favorite Features

High beams, fits to my body perfectly, interior/exterior features, trunk space is unbelievably large when rear seats are down. I've fit so much back there, from rocking chairs to my entire closet of clothes, lamps mirrors etc. Gas mi. is excellent! 2 people fit and look great in it. Great in snow

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots, seats are a bit too low (it can be hard to get in and out of).Not too much to complain about... I would suggest this car to anyone... I love it, but have to get rid of it because I need a 4X4.... Anyone want to buy it?