2001 Toyota Celica Consumer Review: 01 Toyota Celica GT-S 1.8L Aut

2001 Toyota Celica - Consumer Review

GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

01 Toyota Celica GT-S 1.8L Auto.
By Christina_Pittsburgh on

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

There isn't enough space to say how much I love this car. Bought used with 43000 miles on it, it still felt brand new. After 7 years and pushing 170000 miles, it still has kick in the horsepower dept. and handling is stiff and reliable. If it weren't for my daughter and the lack of space in the back seat I would definitely by an '05. Why would they discontinue this sporty, affordable, and I think beautiful and originally styled car? After 7 years, I'm still in love with it.

More reliable than most cars out there. Fun to drive, great sound system, lasting exterior style. The VVTL-I engine gives it that extra kick at around 6000 RPM and red lines just before 8000. Auto trans with the sport shift gives you the best of both worlds. Holds its value like a Toyota should!

Low end torque is lacking considering how much horsepower it puts out at high RPM. The contrast can leave you frustrated at times. However, that problem is fixable. Small back seat, but not entirely useless. Paint chipping on front bumper due to highway driving.