2001 Toyota Celica Consumer Review: Great and very reliable car!!

2001 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Review

Great and very reliable car!!
By Lulu on

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car new in 2001. I love the 6-speed manual transmission. It's now six years old and I never have any problem with this car nor any major repairs. I am however, diligent about routine maintenance and oil changes, and making sure my car stay fine tuned just like new. Prior to this car, I owned a 1987 white Celica GT-S brought new that served me for for 14 years with 112,000 miles under harsh Midwest weather condition. I love the reliability, performance, affordability and quality of Celica and Toyota in general. It is very sporty in looks and excellent handling. The only thing I hate is the cheap looking dashboard.

It hugs the road at turns and at high speed. It picks up very well after second gear. Great gas mileage. My husband loved driving it - he said it handles as good as his old Porsche.

Improve the first gear ratio. It's very low which is a pain during heavy traffic. Bring it back with better lumbar support, quality dashboard (not the cheap plastic looking one), bluetooth included, leather interior, and better dashboard light, quality interiors-no cheap looking stuff.