airbags do not work!!!
By kerston vaughn on
2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I rearended someone in my toyota celica and totaled the front end of my car. I had passenger and driver airbags and neither one of them came out. This car is very dangerous if you rely on your airbags as protection.
By kb85
on 02/16/11 13:44 PM (PST)

I just rear-ended someone yesterday, 3 car pile-up cuz the first one slammed on her breaks for no apparent reason... I felt like my breaks may have malfunctioned as I didn't even slow down when I hit them. Regardless, my seatbelt never locked up and my airbags never deployed (and my car bounced off a van and then hit it again). So now I am experiencing dbl whiplash and injury from hitting the steering wheel twice, and banging my knees on the dash, and head on the visor. I was curious if you took any action about your airbags malfunction and what results you achieved? I hope you check this cuz I'm really trying to figure out what to do..... Thank You for your time, Kali PS: I've been doing my research today and it seems that the problems I have with my celica are extremely common, including the one with the airbags, I have even found comments where ppl died SOLEY due to the airbag malfunction. Thx.