Used 2001 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Love my Celica!
By Beth

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since I bought my GT in 2001, it has never needed anything more than oil changes and tire rotations. It's sporty, but the hatchback makes it very practical, especially when you fold down the back seats for a large item. This is a great car and it's a lot of fun to drive.

Toyota GT
By westcoastgirl

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had an old 82 VW Rabbit which lasted me a very very long time. I traded it in for a 2001 Toyota Celica GT. WOW despite all the reviews. I love this car it is great if your single looking for something sporty. Handles corners on a dime. Turns eyes it looks better than a chevy calvier or pontiac Sunfire. Enough room for my stuff and a friend. I would not recommend if you have a family. The interior is fine for me very sharp. I am very happy and no problems with it at all. After reading that some people do not like the GT-S. The GT no problems great car and I bought it from an a American Dealership.

Tail, front seats, stereo system. Low profile and the 1.8 engine gas saver and sharp.

Back seat cannot fit tall people their head hits the roof. Not enough leg room in the back.

my toy
By lg

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car after owning 1990 Celica for 11 yrs. I had test drove the Solara, but I just fell in love with the style and handling of the 2001 Celica. It's a great car to drive, if you're small. It does ride like a sports car and can feel rough on the road.

style and handling, the toyota reputation of a excellent, reliable car

smoother ride

Quick and nimble
By Scott

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for almost a year now and it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. It is very quick and has excellent gas mileage. It can turn on a dime and can hang around a turn faster than most cars due to its sporty suspension. There are also a ton of aftermarket parts out there to make these cars the coolest and fastest on the road.

4th celica
By jeff

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Celica. The quickest and best cornering. 1st was a 1977, then a 1985 GTS, and then a 1992 AWD Turbo. I have had this one 2 months and enjoy the 6 sp, the cornering, braking, styling, quickness, and fuel economy (~30mpg). Visibility is poor (blind spots), tight entrance in/out of car. Reliability questionable so far, although all covered by Toyota platimum certified program: cigarette lighter power unit, front speaker, fan belt tensioner, idle startup vacuum - have all needed repair. But the car is a blast to drive and with 6 gears there is always a sweet spot. Have not found the need to rev over 5000rpm -plenty of power below and the engine gets quite noisy.