2001 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Bang for the buck
By Florida speed on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

On the first test drive, the tight, responsive suspension amazed the pants off me. Got my own (spectra blue mica), and told my buddy, "It let's you do s*** you really shouldn't be able to do," then yanked the wheel for a 90-degree left turn at about 40 mph. This car makes driving to work absolutely fun, and a trip to the mountains Nirvana. GT easily beats SUVs (and occasional Z-3 or Boxster) off the line & runs on cheap 87-octane gas. Very sexy car. Everyone compliments the color. A lot of car for the money; lucky I didn't get this when I was 16, or I might not be alive. I'm 30 now, but feel like 23 behind the wheel of my Celica.

Nimble Driving
By one-eyed on 03/01/02 12:27 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2001 Toyota Celica GT is a fun to drive, stylish, and fuel effecient vehicle. It has great fuel economy which makes a long commute easier on your wallet, but with sleek styling that doesn't tell others that your driving the vehicle to cushion your savings account. It handles extremely well in navigating sharp turns, and dealing with the various obstacles inherent in city driving.

Celica GT - So far, so great
By escapevelocity on 02/04/02 14:16 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car with almost all of the options, and I now have a lot of miles on this car since then. I can't praise it enough, it has performed admirably for my commuting needs. After 24000 miles, it has only required regular scheduled maintenance. Two problems I do have are the rear view (need careful mirror adjustment and good neck muscles) and the stock 1-CD stereo deck w/ limited equalizer adjustment. The earlier 90's models had better equalizers.