2001 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
fun car to drive
By afarmgirl22 on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this is my 3rd toyota, 1st a 79 supra, 2nd an 84 celica gts, now an 01 celica gt, i have 31k miles now & my 5sp man trans whines in 4th & 5th gears, my dealer tells me they will replace the trans before the powertrain runs out @ 60k, love the style of the car outsidde & in, except for the back seat cover & the center caps on the gt alloy wheels, view over the rear spoiler not great, i've had 3 interior dome light bulbs replaced, acceleration not great with AC on, even with 5sp,auto is worse, drove auto before bought 5sp.mat't of front seat cover not very durable.

Consumer
By princessara on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Overall the car is wonderful, however a v6 would fit the vehicle much better.

Fun to drive and can't beat the price
By Boots143 on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Celica for a year now and still love it. It's great with mileage and it's fun to drive. I'm only 5'2" and I have some problems with the size but it's what I wanted. I have had no problems with it, except for a couple of speeding tickets.

No Title
By Girlgeek on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

A fun car for commuting, and Solo2 racing. Handles well, but the steering is really loose and the gear box is clunky. Once you get used to those problems, they are no longer problems.

Cherry!
By Me-Sa on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have now had my red fully loaded Celica GT 2001 for a little over a year and a half. This is my first NEW car and I love it! Not only do I look good, but so does the car. The mileage is great. I've only looked under the hood twice. (Once when I bought it and once to show someone). The car is a little slow at the start, but look out once it gets going.

The #1 Car!!!
By Emon Saee on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

its a really awsome car!!!

The BEST
By Shekar on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Well.. This is my first car, but I have driven many others. This one is the best. The steering is smooth, can be controled with a finger. Pick-up is fantastic. Spacious for 2. No machinical problems yet.

best car for such a great price!
By Skippers on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven so many cars in my day, but the Celica I must say is the best car in its class. It comes with a great stereo system, has good acceleration, a reliable engine, and terrific handling. I would never recommend any other car.

Great car, but not perfect
By CelicaAgain on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Toyota that I have owned, and it is my 2nd Celica. My first Celica was a 1989, and the memory of it was somewhat responsible for me going back to a Celica. This model is much more stylish in my opinion. It performs and handles much better than it's predecesor as well. I guess my major complaint about this model is the lack of comfort on longer road trips. After about an hour in this car, my back is in noticable pain and I cannot wait for my drive to be completed. Mechanically, I expect this car to be as good as my earlier version, which is exceptional. The price was right for what you get on this model, I just wish that Toyota had put more thought into seat comfort.

2001 Toyota Celica
By tmille31 on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a great car and it is a pleasure to drive.