2001 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Great car
By case on 04/26/05 23:16 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Celica GT off of eBay in October, 2004. It's been a great car. Only thing I wish it had was a 6th gear, other than that it is an amazingly fun reliable little car. I would definitely recomend it if that's what you're looking for.

Fun Little Car
By STLSportsGirl on 04/19/05 18:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun little car. Very sporty on the inside and out. You do have to keep in mind that this car is little, the boyfriend's head is about a 1/2 inch off the roof and he is 6ft 2. Acceleration is nice as well as the handling. Nice sound system, with a cd and tape! She is a little noisy and her rpms do run a little high when idling...but other than that a great car! She sits VERY low to the ground as well so if youhave trouble getting in and out of small, low cars, this is not the car for you.

Fun Car for less
By Anuj Dhingra on 03/16/05 17:05 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice car....I ahve had this for over 6 months and haven't had any problems whatsoever.

Honestly
By MAtt on 03/11/05 16:34 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I owned my car for a little bit less than a year. I had a celica gt-s. This car is very rev happy, and at high rpm fun to drive, but acceleration is terrible. I have never owned a car this small that accelerated so poorly. The style is great, many compliments on the car, and the inside of the car reminds me of a cockpit. however I hydroplaned and flipped my celica. No airbags deployed, but I walked away unhurt. So from my injury aspect the car must be fairly safe, but it may worry you that the airbags are almost impossible to to deploy? If you are wanting a car that you are planning on racing.. this isn't the car for you, but if you just want a fun sleek car, you have found what your want

Great Concept Car
By Eric_tkd19 on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second car. It blows my old honda civic away with is sleek style and power. The interior is very sporty though the back seat is, well not meant for people. But that is what you get for buying a small concept car.

This Just Might be the Perfect Car
By bobbybob on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 29K and so far I am very impressed. The same stopping distance from 60 MPH as a Porsche GT3 a $99K car. Very quick and corners like it's on rails. 34 MPG is great. It's a Toyota so it is going to be reliable.

My Third Celica
By KudosKim on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The vehicle has been problematic. The tension belt was replaced at 23,000 miles-now at 38,000 miles it is again necessary to replace the tension belt. The brakes have clicked the entire time I've owned the vehicle, and the air conditioning has never functioned at a cold level. I purchased the vehicle new, and intend to sell shortly..

great
By Big Ballar on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car that i have driven in my whole life. The feel when i speed up and drive is amazing. I love this car.

MY GTS
By Pete Q on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle used, it had 11500 miles on it. Its a GREAT CAR to drive and to own. Fuel economy is around 33 MPG combined city and highway.

airbags do not work!!!
By kerston vaughn on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I rearended someone in my toyota celica and totaled the front end of my car. I had passenger and driver airbags and neither one of them came out. This car is very dangerous if you rely on your airbags as protection.