Used 2001 Toyota Celica GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Buy it...if you can fix it.
By krustuhfar

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle looks and performs pretty well. But its a huge money pit. Big thumbs down. So much for the reliability for toyota. I bought mine brand new and before i had even hit 100k i had already replaced the clutch twice, tension pulley, water pump, and the sunroof leaks TERRIBLY. and i only drive it about 400 miles a month. I would never buy this car again.

Looks, handles well

reliability and build quality.

OIL ISSUES ON THIS CAR
By kimgtk

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car off a used car dealer. I had it 30 days. NO engine light ever came on, but the oil was dry and the engine is blown because of it. I checked on recalls and even though this seems to be a common problem (on the boards) there are not any recalls. I checked with the seller and they said I bought it as is, which I did. I am stuck with a loan for this car and the engine is blown. I'm very dissapointed and upset. I would never buy this car .....ever!

Look, comfort

recall the oil issue

2002 Toyota Celica Malfunctions!
By kb85

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My toyota celica has many probs that seem to be common with celicas of different yrs. My belt needs replacing, my lights always burn out simultaneously (no way they could die at exact same time!), just got into an accident last night and my seatbelt never locked and my airbags never deployed! Now I am suffering from injury from bouncing off my steering wheel that could've and should've been prevented. Wanted ppl to know in case they are considering purchasing a celica or if anyone knows of legal action I should persue. Thank You.

love this car
By jamie

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this, car i think that it ts one of the best cars that Toyota has built. It is small so you can fit almost anywhere on the rode, and it is a nice looking affordable car. I think that Toyota idi a great job in building this car.

it is small, fast and comes in manual. It also has aftermarket upgrades that can be done to it which i love

Can't tell a book by its cover
By James Wolf

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with this model from the first day I saw it. With Toyota's reputation for reliability I bought it but have ended up deeply disappointed. My last vehicle, a Nissan, went 225,000 miles with no repairs. In 4 months the a/c quit, the new front tires had to be replaced & realigned and the oil leaks in the engine cost $650.00 to correct. You cannot see anything out back with the spoiler & small windows. Getting in and out is always a struggle with the steering wheel jammed in its lowest position and the Toyota dealer says he can't fix it. You cannot read the speedometer either with the steering wheel so low. The car has not been in an accident... it is an accident!

Exciting design & Good looks.

Leather option would be nice.