This is what a sport compact SHOULD BE!!
By Chantilus on
2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback
I purchased this car with 60,000 miles. This car is truly amazing. I have a fully loaded GT-S in red and it is by far the best car I have owned (out of 6). The steering is tight and precise, the shifter engaged beautifully and the handling is amazing. It isn't the quickest car but it is ultra lightweight and when the VVTL-i kicks in at 6200 rpm the thing really comes alive. I am 5' 11" and the car fits me like a glove. Hatchback is very useful and holds a lot of cargo with the rear seats down. Never a single problem since I've owned it. This is the ultimate Sports Compact!
Favorite Features
Fuel mileage - I averaged 31 MPG in mixed driving - just shift at 3000 rpm. Handling is great. Car looks amazing, gauges are clear and easy to read. Sunroof adds style and is great in the summer. Sounds system is great for factory (JBL). Seats were very supportive, interior just looks cool.
Suggested Improvements
Besides a new model (the tC is NOT at celica replacement), the cupholder stinks and will hit your elbow if you like to hold the shifter while driving. I like the style of my 16" wheels but wish they were 17" s. How about the supercharger from the Lotus Exige S 240 stock? Can't wait for the new one!