My TRD GT-300
By Ferdi Laco on
2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback
I purchased the car from Poway Toyota last September 2003, which makes this car just 7 months old. I have already installed Strut Tower Braces on the front upper and lower, and on the rear, Titanium Shifters, race pedals, and an Injen Short Ram Air Intake which added 15 more horses on my stock 143 horses. The car is beautifully designed, and I planned to keep it that way except probably for a 19'AXIS Hagen wheels on a Pirelli PZero Tires and APR wide-body kit. And yes, I also replaced that ugly stock FM Antenna that Toyota had on all Celicas with a rubber mounter high-flex high performance racing antenna.
Favorite Features
The dashoboard design is excellent, I like the headlights and the HID features, and I like the aerodynamic styling. I have driven the car at a 135MPH speed against a 2002 Lexus GS300 and within a heartbeat, the Lexus was all covered with dust on from my rear.
Suggested Improvements
I love High-Performance intakes, I just hope Toyota comes up with TRD wide tube intakes to suck more air, and have 18'rims on the action package. The celica looks cool without that annoying rear spoiler.