Long time owner, still a fan
By ME1 on
2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback
I have owned this car for almost a decade now. I've had it stolen, the rims were stolen while I was in Basic Training, and crashed it at least 5 times (once for over 10,000 dollars worth of damage, lol) I still love this car. I finally bought it three years ago, and am now finally finishing a lot of the projects I thought, my meager budget could handle (stereo, performance parts, etc.). It was rough on clutches, 2 in the last 100,000 miles, or maybe I was rough on clutches. Great brakes, only changed twice. Tires normally go out about every two years, but you can't have everything. (I blame the stopping power.) I'm having trouble finding what to replace.
Favorite Features
Reliability, fuel economy, longevity, this car has been dead on reliable for 8 years!!! Now I'm starting to be amazed how easy it is to modify, a dash that comes apart with a little tugging and 4 screws, no way. Bumpers that are clipped on, too easy.
Suggested Improvements
The stereo, and cruise control. Man, the engine seems like it will run forever, but that stereo broke in 2004. Cruise control isn't very smooth, but works. I wish my first car was this reliable, maybe they should demand Toyota double check all other cars before they hit the street.