2000 Toyota Celica 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - I wish I could Buy

2000 Toyota Celica - Consumer Review

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I wish I could Buy one new.
By Specter on

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought my dark blue 2000 Toyota celica brand new in 2000. I was lucky to find a promotional car with no sunroof. This is the only way my 6foot 5 inch frame would fit. I fit perfectly. Plenty of leg, head and shoulder room. One of the few modern Japanese small cars I can fit in. This car was completely trouble free for the first 80,000 miles. I just changed and flushed the fluids and replaced the stock tires every 50,000 miles. Replaced the breaks and spark plugs every 100,000 miles. At 200,000 miles I replaced the struts and the clutch. The only problem I have had has been a check engine light that came on at 80k. That light would come and go over the next 100k then never come on again.

Favorite Features

This Car handles Excellent with no body roll. The ride quality is very good above 20 mph. It is very comfortable for two people on a long trip. Fuel economy is excellent. I have averaged 33 mpg over 270,000 miles. It is hard to dip below 28 mpg. In slow traffic I can hit 36 MPG. It is quick and light.

Suggested Improvements

The stock breaks are barely acceptable long stopping distance and they fade quickly. I upgraded to slotted and drilled front rotors at 150k I wish I would have done it when the car was new. 100% improvement. It makes the car even more fun to drive. Replace clutch with TRD unit. You will lv