I love my Celica
By denyse on
2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback
I've had my Celica for 4 1/2 years and this is by far the best of the 5 cars I've owned. It's really comfortable, even on long trips, holds TONS of stuff in the trunk, is sporty, good looking and reliable. I'm at about 111,000 miles, and although I've had to put some money into shocks, belts, etc. lately, it's nothing that I didn't have to expect to do for a car of this age. I've had 2 mechanics tell me that I should easily get to 250k miles if not more without major problems, and that in their opinion, this is one of the most reliable cars you can own. The ONLY car I would ever trade this in for is a newer Celica...I'm planning on driving this baby til it turns to dust.
Favorite Features
Great gas mileage...35 mpg on highway trips and averages around 30-31mpg in everyday driving, 28 mpg in super heavy highway driving. It has a tiny backseat, so I rarely get roped into driving anyone else around. Is SO tight on corners. And it is beautiful...everyone checks it out everywhere I go!
Suggested Improvements
The hatchback with a spoiler is too heavy for the hydrolics and needs to be propped up or it falls. It's really cramped under the hood and is very difficult to fit your hands in to do ANYTHING, including changing the headlights. And the blind spots are a killer...a smart car or mini is invisible