Fun little hatchback for a daily driver!
By OUFinny on
2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback
I purchased this car used in 2005 with about 52,000 on the ticker and it was in reasonable shape at the time. After some finesse on my part and a new set of wheels and tires (mine were out of round and the tires were wrecked due to bad alignment, it really started to come along. Besides some maintenance like a new fuel filter, belt tensioner and serpentine, and new lift gate shocks; the car is dead nuts reliable. The gas mileage in mine is good but I see only an average of about 25-26 and 28-30 on the highway. With the black leather interior it is HOT HOT in the Texas sun but the A/C does a great job of cooling you down and keeping comfortable. I am happy and will drive into the ground!
Favorite Features
I am a big fan of the entire power train. Many don't like the high and narrow power band but I do! It is like two cars: calm and easy to drive during the week and a screamer you want to flog on the weekends (and at the occasional autocross event!).
Suggested Improvements
The A/C vents don't direct air well on the driver. I am 6' and with the wheel where I like it I don't get as much cold air as in many other cars. The overuse of plastic is somewhat annoying but I don't think it is that big a deal because they don't make it anymore!