Excellent vehicle
By Vt Celica on
2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback
What can I say. This vehicle is the best I have owned and the best that I have driven. I purchased my 2000 Celica GT with 46000 miles and have done no maintenance other than front pads and rotors, oil changes and transmission gear lubricant. The car now has 96500 miles and the addition of higher quality spark plugs, intake, and a performance muffler. I have to say that I disagree that this car is a better car than others for teens as I have personally reached 137mph with 500rpm to spare before redline. After 4500 rpm this thing is a rocket and with the simple addition of a less restrictive intake it gets better. Hands down one of the best for reliability, performance and comfort.
Favorite Features
Handling! This car drives like a go kart. Body roll on the stock vehicle is almost imperceptible, most of what is felt is due largely to the relatively tall side wall of the recommended tire size.
Suggested Improvements
By far my biggest complaint is the fuel door. Most everyone I know has a replacement fuel door as they have an annoying habit of snapping off. This is not a very big issue as the replacement fuel door only costs about 50 dollars but they only come in black, therefore painting is necessary.