Used 2000 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Celica

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Love this Car
By chesire71

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

From the moment I test drove this car I knew I had to have it. It handles like no car I have ever driven before. Fast, sleek and so much fun to drive. In fact, I don't think I was ready for just how quick this car goes (4 accidents in this car.. just 1 in all cars previous). I would love to keep driving it forever, but since my insurance has skyrocketed because of speeding tickets and accidents I will probably end up getting something more "practical". But I don't think I'll ever find another car I enjoyed as much as this one. Thanks Toyota! :)

Super Little Pocket Rocket
By CelicDriver

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used with 82K miles on it. It drives like new, and never ceases to amaze me with its grip on the road. It is practically as if it were moving on rails, point it where you like, and it hugs the road while making the turn. Add that to Toyota reliability, and the combo is hard to beat. The automatic transmission is adequate for my practical needs, but for spirited driving, I would have preferred having a manual. The car has plenty of get up and go, but I somehow miss the vrooom of the lower gears that I could have got out of the 140HP engine (which is pretty dang good when you combine it with the light and small car that it is) with a stick.

Timeless exterior, road-hugging, bucket seats, superb seat shape and finish

Headlights lamps are hard to get at, panel near the seat belts get scratched by the belt buckles, people turn to look at you more often than you would strictly like.

celica review
By Julz

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

love the car, but when you have something break or need maintenance it is really expensive. The air conditioning pump just suddenly failed, so the car would not start... $1,800 ouchhhhhhhhh (this is however,after 4.5 years of owning the car). Last year the serpentine belt and tensioner needed to be replaced, this was $576. I cannot bring it to anywhere but the toyota dealership for an oil change and maintenance because the last time I did the splash guard that goes over the bottom of the car was not put back on properly and I ended up dragging it down a major expressway. Previous oil changes always took 4 guys to do figure it out!!! Maintenance is at $300-$450 every $15,000 miles

looks-stylish, handling, sunroof

this car has major blind spots please please fix this, transmission sticks when it is cold out

GREAT Car!
By jen

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I can't really say anything bad about
this car. It looks Great, handles
Great, is wonderful on gas.
I have had this car for almost 5 years
and I still love it!

Looks, gas efficiency

Economical Sports Car!
By GUY_HANDY

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car since new, body
#251. This has been an exceptional car
with the only mechanical problem being a
belt tensioner that squeals a bit on
cold wet days (Toyota has a Service
Bulletin, and I should have had this
replaced under warranty). This car
feels so tightly put together, I
honestly think I'll have it for another
decade. Its economical on gas and
insurance but delivers real sports car
fun. Handling and braking are
exceptional (corvette territory).
Acceleration could be better but 0-60 in
the low 7 sec range is just fine. Sixth
gear on a long highway trip is a
relaxing idle at 80mph. Highly stable
even at triple digit speeds (you'll
never hit top end... 155mph)

Six-speed manual, supportive seats, great stereo, supererior fit & finish in and out! Being able to 'play' with cars of 3 times the price. Cornering is in super-car territory, braking is unreal. This car inspires confidence behind the wheel. I feel very safe knowing I can outmaneuver any trouble.

Handling is superb, and the engine pulls hard, but only at very high rpms. The engine has split personality, behaving like the standard economy 1.8 liter until you hit 6250rpms, and the big cam engages... then hang on! The looks inspire every boy-racer to challenge me at every stop lite... tedious.