2000 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
I love my baby
By Bambi7830 on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This car is my baby!!! I knew this would be my last sporty car before having children and being confined to a min-van or SUV and I'm glad this is the one I chose. The exterior design is so neat. It attracts a lot of attention. Even stock, this car cruises!! It is a sports car though, so there are problems. I need to crack the sun room so my husband's head doesn't hit the roof, and it has the worst blind spots (next to my friend's MR2).

Awesome Car!
By Celi1021 on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car is great!

Nice car.
By Yevgen on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Nice car,very good on highway.Good fuel economy.Looks very nice.

Great Car!
By Geraldg on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Very fun car that still turns heads when I drive past!

GT
By pdogmurphy on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Nice car - quick but not fast enough. Handles perfect, shifting is good. Ride is comfortable - better than RSX and quieter. Low road and engine noise. Mileage is ~27 mixed - I'm not a calm driver tho. View of blind spot and rear view is terrible. Especially with the spoiler in the way. Plastic interior damages very easily. I don't mind the look - but scratches/gouges too much.

This Baby does fly
By BB_Flys on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This is my second Toyota (I had a 94 pickup previously). I was looking for a car and never really liked the style of the Celica but once I test drove it I knew it was mine. The exterior design rapidly grew on me! This car has nice acceleration, seats, sound system, and man "it turns like it's on rails" (what my neighbor said as he test drove it). Country roads are a blast! It hasn't had to have anything done to it but an oil change and new rims. New rims please!! Stock ones are hitious.

YEE HAAA !!!!
By skimeister on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This is a great little sports car for those of us who never grew up !!! Its Quick, nimble , cool as ice and gets 40mpg . I use it in the mtns and this puppy luvs the twisty stuff !! and it HOLDS all my ski gear AND gets 40 mpg Need I say more

New Gears?
By CB in AZ on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car because I wanted a car to keep for ten years! At 24K, I had to replace fourth and fifth gears. At least it was still under warranty! I drive hard, but never beyond 5500 RPMs. I also had to replace the fan blower just recently. The interior is cheap plastic that you can scratch very easily. Toyota cut too many corners when they designed this car. I wouldn't buy this car or any Toyota again.

All-around car!
By T-YO on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I've own 3 Toyotas from Camry, Supra, and now this Celica GTS. Mine is manual 6spd and it's really fun car to drive!

Go Karting!
By Streettuned on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

If u like go karting, u will love this the Celica! After 3 yrs of ownership at 36500 miles currently, I've enjoyed every second in this little rocket. It's a real ZOOM ZOOM experience every time! Steering is quick and precise, cornering is firm and confident, braking is responsive, straight line acceleration is a blast when VVTLi kicks in at 6000rpm and all the way to 8200rpm redline! The only problems I had was the infamous squeaky belt tensioner and a peeling moonroof. They were all covered under warranty.