2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Fun to drive, poor visibility
By cato1998 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for 3 years with only a "check engine light" that was minor and the hatchback cylinders were too weak for the spoiler. Other than that no problems whatsoever!!! I live in Indiana by the lake and the winters can be brutal to drive through with the low clearance so this is really a summer car or southern car.

my celica
By the_craze_one on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

i enjoy driving it. one down fall to the car that i have found is the blind spots, due to small windows and side mirrors. the only other down fall to the car is the limited leg room for the backseat. besides that this is an excellent car.

Celi
By Kreator on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

nice car. very reliable and pretty quick. planning to keep it and drive it for years. recommend using Mobil1 synthetic.

AWESOME!
By SilvaCelicaGTS on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST CAR I EVER HAD! IT IS VERY RELIABLE AND I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL. I PICKED THIS CAR OVER THE MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE, DODGE AVENGER, MERCURY COUGAR AND ACURA INTEGRA. I DROVE ALL OF THEM BUT THE CELICA WAS JUST A BETTER CAR.

60000 miles and still running like new
By macknannie on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This girl is 3 years old now with over 60,000 miles and still running as good as the day I bought her. She got some new tires and the spoiler needed tightened. A squeeky belt was replaced. Pretty good, considering I always used to dump my Fords at 50,000 miles because that's when they started costing an arm and leg to maintain. She still hugs the road, she still looks good, and she will be with me for another 3 years at least.

big mistake
By frank b on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

i have had so many problems and the service dept has been nothing but cold and unprofessional.

what a gem!
By xenadog on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

My Celica is exemplary of solid, quality construction and performance, with a huge twist of fun. It handles easily and gets great gas mileage, which is a more important factor with each passing month. It has given me absolutely no trouble (knock on wood) - I only have routine maintenance performed on it as scheduled. Great Car - the best I've owned!

The Best
By Sarahh on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

The best coupe avalible.

I LOVE MY CELICA!!!!
By Lilly425 on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I have had my car for 3 years now and I absolutely adore it. It hasn't been in the shop for repairs once. I am a fairly petite person so it suits me perfectly. All the buttons and controls are within arms reach and it feels like being wrapped in an airplane cockpit. I can zip around town and go around corners with ease. The stock stereo doesn't sound half bad, either. My only complaint, like everyone else, is that the interior scratches easily, especially where the seatbelt hits the door. You'd think they would have done something about that. All in all it's a great car and I would definitely buy another Toyota.

Mostly Good...
By wacboyjulian *AIM* on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I got my Auto Celica GT from my dad, supposedly for my work (i got fired 3 days after i got the celica) I really do like the overall style and reliablity. What sucks though is the POWER! more specifically, the torque. I guess what hurts in my case is the automatic and GT model. I really wish they had tossed in a turbo or something... i actually had a choice between my celica and another one on the used car lot... it was a red GTS manual with lots of upgrades...WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!