Used 2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

My Celica
By Christie

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I never have driven such an amazing fun car. I have never had an problems with my 2000 Celica other than regular maintainance issues. It now has 212000 miles on it and still runs like new. And in the snow its the greatest car to drive. There is nothing negative I could say about the Celica, its a great fun car to drive

I love the design

None really!

Love it
By mulvanite

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I have not had any problems with this vehicle. I enjoy driving it. Even though my car is nearly six years old, I still receive compliments on it. I have bery few complaints.

I absolutely love the look of this car. I like the interior layout because it seems to make the most out of the size of the car.

I have trouble with the hatch when it is cold out. It just doesn't stay up.

Great Car with weaknesses
By Julian

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I've got this car as sort of a graduation gift from my parents when I was looking on the dealer used car lot with my dad. I feel in love with it at first sight and still do dearly love my celica. The strengths in this car (handling, braking, looks, style) are hard to beat in any other comparable car. Unfortunately it does have its weaknesses: Torque, horsepower, huge blind spots) Also to add: They stopped making it after the 2005 year. Scions are the replacements but I just wish they rejuvenated the Celica for 2006 like they did the Eclipse.

The handling and looks I get from people since the styling of the car still gets head turns.

Needs more hp and torque. bottom line. Reliabilty and since its my dependable baby is the reason why I still love mine.

EXCELLENT
By JK

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This is by far the best car that I have ever owned - the reliability is superb, the economy is excellent and the design is fantastic. The car is comfortable and all instrumentation is easy to reach and use. We bought this car new 5 years ago and have experienced no mechanical problems - it is made to go a lot of miles cheaply, plus it is very fun to drive. The handling is comparable to more expensive cars, which provides a lot of satisfaction. It almost seems like nothing on this car will ever break. Insurance is also inexpensive. Highly recommended - mine is not for sale, but you can find another used one.

Design, Reliability, Fun to Drive, Handling, Economy

A compartment under the engine must be opened and shut every time the oil filter is changed - the door to this has been dragging on numerous occasions after oil changes and I've had to go back to the shop to have it re- fastened; eventually, I just removed this plastic moulding that isn't functional.

Love My Hot Little Ride!
By Jessie

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I call him Sherman Tank as he ranks #1 in crash test ratings for sports cars in his division. Got rearended a week after purchase. I bought b/c I had long drives home from work and wanted to have fun while being stuck in a car. It's a "get noticed" fire engine red car and for all it's looks, it runs beautifully if you take care of it. I unfortunately bought it used and they did not disclose that the air intake and filter were installed by previous owner and now I have to find places to clean my high performance filter instead of just replacing normals ones. Overall - it rocks!!! I will keep until I buy a newer version!

Spoiler is set just right so it blocks blinding headlights behind you at night. If mirrors are set correctly, there should be NO blind spots (never a problem). HUGE TRUNK/HATCH! I can fit way more stuff in trunk than most people can in a sedan. Dash board, etc. make you feel like a space ship.

NO MORE RECALLS!!!! Recall for Master brake cylinder and now daytime running lights are non-compliant - too bright and may inhibit other cars from seeing turn signals in front.