Used 2000 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Celica

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Love it
By mulvanite

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I have not had any problems with this vehicle. I enjoy driving it. Even though my car is nearly six years old, I still receive compliments on it. I have bery few complaints.

Favorite Features

I absolutely love the look of this car. I like the interior layout because it seems to make the most out of the size of the car.

Suggested Improvements

I have trouble with the hatch when it is cold out. It just doesn't stay up.

Great Car with weaknesses
By Julian

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I've got this car as sort of a graduation gift from my parents when I was looking on the dealer used car lot with my dad. I feel in love with it at first sight and still do dearly love my celica. The strengths in this car (handling, braking, looks, style) are hard to beat in any other comparable car. Unfortunately it does have its weaknesses: Torque, horsepower, huge blind spots) Also to add: They stopped making it after the 2005 year. Scions are the replacements but I just wish they rejuvenated the Celica for 2006 like they did the Eclipse.

Favorite Features

The handling and looks I get from people since the styling of the car still gets head turns.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more hp and torque. bottom line. Reliabilty and since its my dependable baby is the reason why I still love mine.

EXCELLENT
By JK

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This is by far the best car that I have ever owned - the reliability is superb, the economy is excellent and the design is fantastic. The car is comfortable and all instrumentation is easy to reach and use. We bought this car new 5 years ago and have experienced no mechanical problems - it is made to go a lot of miles cheaply, plus it is very fun to drive. The handling is comparable to more expensive cars, which provides a lot of satisfaction. It almost seems like nothing on this car will ever break. Insurance is also inexpensive. Highly recommended - mine is not for sale, but you can find another used one.

Favorite Features

Design, Reliability, Fun to Drive, Handling, Economy

Suggested Improvements

A compartment under the engine must be opened and shut every time the oil filter is changed - the door to this has been dragging on numerous occasions after oil changes and I've had to go back to the shop to have it re- fastened; eventually, I just removed this plastic moulding that isn't functional.

Love My Hot Little Ride!
By Jessie

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I call him Sherman Tank as he ranks #1 in crash test ratings for sports cars in his division. Got rearended a week after purchase. I bought b/c I had long drives home from work and wanted to have fun while being stuck in a car. It's a "get noticed" fire engine red car and for all it's looks, it runs beautifully if you take care of it. I unfortunately bought it used and they did not disclose that the air intake and filter were installed by previous owner and now I have to find places to clean my high performance filter instead of just replacing normals ones. Overall - it rocks!!! I will keep until I buy a newer version!

Favorite Features

Spoiler is set just right so it blocks blinding headlights behind you at night. If mirrors are set correctly, there should be NO blind spots (never a problem). HUGE TRUNK/HATCH! I can fit way more stuff in trunk than most people can in a sedan. Dash board, etc. make you feel like a space ship.

Suggested Improvements

NO MORE RECALLS!!!! Recall for Master brake cylinder and now daytime running lights are non-compliant - too bright and may inhibit other cars from seeing turn signals in front.

Love this Car
By chesire71

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

From the moment I test drove this car I knew I had to have it. It handles like no car I have ever driven before. Fast, sleek and so much fun to drive. In fact, I don't think I was ready for just how quick this car goes (4 accidents in this car.. just 1 in all cars previous). I would love to keep driving it forever, but since my insurance has skyrocketed because of speeding tickets and accidents I will probably end up getting something more "practical". But I don't think I'll ever find another car I enjoyed as much as this one. Thanks Toyota! :)