Used 2000 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Fuel efficient and sporty
By celicaperson79

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I have had a few minor hiccups owning this car but overall it's been an enjoyable experience. I haven't had any major mechanical malfunctions since I purchased it. The car isn't the fastest on the market obviously but it's quick and gets good gas mileage. It has a unique look as well which gets attention even though it doesn't have the power to back it up.

Favorite Features

I love how it turns heads and how it handles on the road.

Suggested Improvements

I'd be willing to sacrifice some of the fuel efficiency for a bit more torque/horsepower. The variable valve timing doesn't kick in until you're close to redlining.

2000 Celica GTS review
By hoodlum

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

One of the first GTS buyers. Love the 6sp manual. Unbeatable handling/brakes in class. Could use more torque. Great gas mileage. Visibility out back not great, takes some getting used to. Ride is very good considering the outstanding handling. No mechanical issues, have only had to change oil, fluids and tires for 80k miles. Can't beat Toyota reliability.

Favorite Features

Handling, brakes, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

More torque. CD player skips. Limited slip diff would be nice.

Awesome Car
By pinkparadise42

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I have had my GTS 6-Speed Celica for a yr. now and I absolutely LOVE it! Looks and runs great! In the past year I have had it, I had to take it to the shop once which warranty paid for. I would defintely recommend this car to anyone! It looks great and is a blast to drive!

Favorite Features

Looks and comfort

Suggested Improvements

Can't really think of any right now.......

75K miles and NOTHING has ever broken!
By Mark Karagianis

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

This is really a wonderful car, the best and most reliable that I have ever owned. I still have the original brakes! I routinely get 26-28 MPG city, and 30 highway, but that's at 80- 85, where the car wants to cruise. The only thing that I miss is a limited slip differential, as when the power comes on, its hard to avoid wheelspin in 1st and second, expecially in the tight turns. Still looks great, too. I really don't want to sell yet . . .

My Celica
By Christie

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I never have driven such an amazing fun car. I have never had an problems with my 2000 Celica other than regular maintainance issues. It now has 212000 miles on it and still runs like new. And in the snow its the greatest car to drive. There is nothing negative I could say about the Celica, its a great fun car to drive

Favorite Features

I love the design

Suggested Improvements

None really!