2000 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Great car for a great price
By Gardenia6441 on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I have had this vehicle for almost 4 years now, and I still enjoy it as much as the first day. I've had one recurring problem....my car squeals after it has rained. I've taken it to be worked on, and they can never seem to fix the problem. I've had the tensioner replaced, pulleys, and belts. Also, the cruise control doesn't seemed to be calibrated correctly. Other than that, it was money well spent.

Fun drive
By RTM on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Drives well at all speeds, responsive and quick. handles curves and turns nice with tight steering and decent suspension system. I am generally happy with the vehicle.

hell yeah!
By iluvmyceli on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I love this car and I'm so glad I bought it. Its affordable and stylish, way beyond the hondas you see around every corner. Although, due to a misshift (not mine) at redline I had severe problems including 4 bent valves, costing about $1,200. Something this car is notorious for. Never overrev while going forward. Never let your b/f drive your car! Lil boys shouldn't play with womens toys! hahaha

overall: ++Good
By xxna on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I like me car. It handles well. I appreciate the designer engineering of the instrument panel and it's been fun to drive these past 3 years.

this is a great car but be careful
By brightangel on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

this was my first car and i had it for 2 and a half months before i totaled it. i loved everything about the car, but if you're thinking about getting one, make sure you get the antilock brakes. i didn't know that they were not standard and mine didn't come with any. That is why my brakes locked up in the rain, and i rear ended somebody causing $11,600 in damages. i am definatly getting another one just like it, but this time im getting the ABS system.

Awesome car for the price
By DJPK on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I've had my car for all it's 71000. I love it. I've never had any problems except for a few things (two accidents, broken into). I had the check engine light come on once, but that was because a repair shop forgot to put radiator fluid back in my new radiator. The paint is TERRIBLE. Mine is red and is speckled white on the hood. Also, at a long stop (like a drive-thru) I get kind of a whistle from my back brakes. This is just a quirk I suppose and no one has ever heard of this before. Other than that, it's holding up wonderfully. I'm just now having to replace my front brakes.

Nice
By pdiddy5 on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Great car - bought in 2000 first year out. 2 problems (radio, sunroof) that toyota took care of. Handles great, much better ride than RSX and less road noise. Quick, but not fast. Worst blind spot ever. Still have random people asking me about it at safeway.

Celica Here today, gone tomorrow?
By GO FOR IT on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the second Celica GT I have had. I bought it because my first one was so reliable. I had 120,000 miles on it and had absolutely no problems. I love the ride and the handling of the 2000, but it lacks substantially in acceleration. I would not be able to keep up with some of the other imports if it wasnt for some of my upgrades. Overall, very reliable vehicle and no worries so far. But i think that Toyota has to do something with performance or it will eliminate itself from the demanding market of imports

Awesome car
By flyrite on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This is my first brand new car and it is a great car! It is sporty with adequate performance and I love the styling (I still get compliments). It is also the most practical sports car, it can fit alot in the hatch when you have the back seats down, I fit my Christmas tree in it every year. I havent had any mechanical problems with it except for a squeaky serpentine belt, but I dont put many miles on a year.

My 5th Celica
By k2 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

This is my 5th Celica. I've had a 78, 83, 86, 90 and bought this one brand new. My first new car. Have had no problems with it, with the exception of a head light burned out at 500 miles (under warranty) and the driver side window came off track at 1500 miles (also under warranty). I would recommend a toyota to anybody, just this car is not for all. It is on the small side and low to the ground and can become a problem getting in and out of it. Also the factory tires are junk and wore out (I don't get on the car) and had to be replaced at 32,000 miles.