2000 Toyota Celica Consumer Review: 60000 miles and still running

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback - Consumer Review

60000 miles and still running like new
By macknannie on

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This girl is 3 years old now with over 60,000 miles and still running as good as the day I bought her. She got some new tires and the spoiler needed tightened. A squeeky belt was replaced. Pretty good, considering I always used to dump my Fords at 50,000 miles because that's when they started costing an arm and leg to maintain. She still hugs the road, she still looks good, and she will be with me for another 3 years at least.

Mileage is 32 MPG on the highway. Excellent maneuverability. I still like the styling, even after 3 years. !!! Minimal repairs!!! The placement of the spoiler does dim the lights of the car behind me at night.

Work on visibility. The blind spots are still annoying. Upgrade the interior. The plastic is too easy to damage, and the cloth seats are fading too fast. The paint on the front of the car chips too easily from common road debris. Supply a bottle of chip corrective paint.