2000 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

2000 Celica Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Sort Reviews by

Sporty Economy Car
By mtest

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

2000 GTS-Auto - this car should NEVER have an automatic, extra weight and 4 gears combined with a very low torque equal a poor accelertor. 0-60 in 10.2 seconds, not as quick as a loaner Echo I had (9.8 sec). Very reliable, 25 mpg (60% highway) - unfortunately premium fuel. This car needs something to improve low end torque and should drop the automatic. The auto provides no benefit, except to wives that won't drive manual - E-shift is a stupid gimmick. The 6K rpm valve lift change over too close to the 7800 red line. It's the only thing providing a brief hint of acceleration. Road Noise is high (improved slightly by changing tire bran

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

LOW END TORQUE, Improved noise insulation, and DON'T offer an automatic.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
By Sean G.

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Great vehicle. Never have any problems and is a really sporty fun car to drive.

Favorite Features

looks, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

more power.

cool
By mexican marine

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

This car is the best car I have ever owned. Except for the fact that I bought it used, so now I'm having a little trouble with it because of the person that had it before me. But all in all it has been the most fun vehicle that I have owned and I used to have a trans am, so as you can tell all I like to drive are two door sports cars. I'm so glad that I went to a import vehicle, I will never go domestic again.

Da Bomb
By EvanLew

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

Its one of the best cars ever

Favorite Features

Design, features

Suggested Improvements

speed

Great Car!
By Doppelganger

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I owned a used '87 Celica, then bought a new 2000 Celica four years ago. I still love my car, and get lots of compliments on it. Reliability is superb, handling is awesome, it's fun to drive, yet comfortable, and it looks really nice. In addition to some comsmetic upgrades, I have upgraded the intake, exhaust, shifter, wheels/tires, and added a front strut-tower brace to make it even more fun to drive. People who complain about blind-spots need to adjust their side-view mirrors properly; true, it doesn't have the wide-open expanses of glass that some cars have, so it takes some getting used to, but I have no blind-spots.

Favorite Features

Handling, responsive performance, looks. Hatchback provides good storage capacity. Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a bit more power, particularly low-end torque. The body makes a few rattles that I could do without.

Blind Spots
By liana

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

The car provides too many blind spots. Had to add mirrors in order to change lanes a little safer. The back seats were even unconfortable for my 6-13 year old nieces. They hated the car even though it looked nice.

Favorite Features

Driving performance was excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Better side view.

My TRD GT-300
By Ferdi Laco

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I purchased the car from Poway Toyota last September 2003, which makes this car just 7 months old. I have already installed Strut Tower Braces on the front upper and lower, and on the rear, Titanium Shifters, race pedals, and an Injen Short Ram Air Intake which added 15 more horses on my stock 143 horses. The car is beautifully designed, and I planned to keep it that way except probably for a 19'AXIS Hagen wheels on a Pirelli PZero Tires and APR wide-body kit. And yes, I also replaced that ugly stock FM Antenna that Toyota had on all Celicas with a rubber mounter high-flex high performance racing antenna.

Favorite Features

The dashoboard design is excellent, I like the headlights and the HID features, and I like the aerodynamic styling. I have driven the car at a 135MPH speed against a 2002 Lexus GS300 and within a heartbeat, the Lexus was all covered with dust on from my rear.

Suggested Improvements

I love High-Performance intakes, I just hope Toyota comes up with TRD wide tube intakes to suck more air, and have 18'rims on the action package. The celica looks cool without that annoying rear spoiler.

CelicaGT2000
By GngrBrat

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This car rocks....it has great pickup for a 4 cylinder. The only problems I find are that the headlights are very hard to change due to limited space. Otherwise....this is one of the greatest cars I've owned.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is definately the moonroof and CD player.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements should include a little more space under the hood. It's hard to get to certain items that are normally easy to change...ex...headlights

All around great sport coupe
By gambit293

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT-S 2dr Hatchback

My 2000 GT-S has a little over 40,000 miles on it, and I'm still lovin' it. The car looks great and is one of the best-handling FWD cars out there. Buyers should be aware that the engine on the GT-S can be a little finicky. Like most Japanense sport coupes, you have to rev quite high for substantial power. The benefits are power on- demand while retaining excellent gas mileage(30+).

Favorite Features

Styling, handling, performance, hatchback utility, Toyota quality and reliability

Suggested Improvements

Rearward visibility takes some getting used to; suspension may be too stiff for some; OEM CD player is lousy

personal
By St3phani3

2000 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This car is great! it took me awhile to actually buy one i was worried about the whole import thing with what some people say they arent dependable but after ALOT of research i bought it and i love it! It is a fun and very dependable car and alot more people complement my car and tell me what a great decision i made.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is definately the hatchback there is so much more room for stuff when you go on vacation or just road trips with friends.

Suggested Improvements

I havent found anything that needs improvement yet but i will get back to that if i find something