2000 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Super Little Pocket Rocket
By CelicDriver on 04/14/05 02:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used with 82K miles on it. It drives like new, and never ceases to amaze me with its grip on the road. It is practically as if it were moving on rails, point it where you like, and it hugs the road while making the turn. Add that to Toyota reliability, and the combo is hard to beat. The automatic transmission is adequate for my practical needs, but for spirited driving, I would have preferred having a manual. The car has plenty of get up and go, but I somehow miss the vrooom of the lower gears that I could have got out of the 140HP engine (which is pretty dang good when you combine it with the light and small car that it is) with a stick.

celica review
By Julz on 02/17/05 13:00 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

love the car, but when you have something break or need maintenance it is really expensive. The air conditioning pump just suddenly failed, so the car would not start... $1,800 ouchhhhhhhhh (this is however,after 4.5 years of owning the car). Last year the serpentine belt and tensioner needed to be replaced, this was $576. I cannot bring it to anywhere but the toyota dealership for an oil change and maintenance because the last time I did the splash guard that goes over the bottom of the car was not put back on properly and I ended up dragging it down a major expressway. Previous oil changes always took 4 guys to do figure it out!!! Maintenance is at $300-$450 every $15,000 miles

GREAT Car!
By jen on 01/24/05 18:48 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I can't really say anything bad about this car. It looks Great, handles Great, is wonderful on gas. I have had this car for almost 5 years and I still love it!

Economical Sports Car!
By GUY_HANDY on 01/17/05 13:44 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car since new, body #251. This has been an exceptional car with the only mechanical problem being a belt tensioner that squeals a bit on cold wet days (Toyota has a Service Bulletin, and I should have had this replaced under warranty). This car feels so tightly put together, I honestly think I'll have it for another decade. Its economical on gas and insurance but delivers real sports car fun. Handling and braking are exceptional (corvette territory). Acceleration could be better but 0-60 in the low 7 sec range is just fine. Sixth gear on a long highway trip is a relaxing idle at 80mph. Highly stable even at triple digit speeds (you'll never hit top end... 155mph)

reliable quick hot lookin
By stevefox42 on 01/14/05 13:36 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

excellent car. best so far out of 4 or 5 cars. real quick responsive engine and handling. 8300RPM redline, huge power boost at 6K. good on gas. almost exotic looking from certain views

I love my Celica!!
By SummerGirl on 01/10/05 21:36 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I just bought this car and I love it. Its def a head turner and for me it moves..i previously drove a Madza 626 and a Nissan Maxima. This is my first sporty car. I can't get enough of it. The interior hugs you and is very comfy and the moon roof is my favorite part! I'm happy the back seat is small..I never have to drive when we go out!

Can't beat it for the money
By Ropiuwerpjf on 11/05/04 11:01 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

My 2000 Celica now has 93,700 miles and it still drives/rides like it's brand new. It has had absolutely no problems whatsoever. For the money, it cannot be beat. The Celica combines good looks, good performance, great gas mileage and spectacular reliability. Few cars can offer what the Celica offers for the price. I have no plans to get rid of this car until it falls down in the road, which may take many more years. I couldn't be more happy with a car than I am with this one. Highly recommended!

MEAN MACHINE GTS
By hector garcia/fl on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I HAVE OWNED MY 2000 CELICA GTS SINCE NEW IT HAS 67000 MILES ON IT NOW AND I WOULDNT BUY ANOTHER CAR. I DRIVE IT HARD EVERYDAY BUT ALSO RUN FULL SYNTHETIC IN IT I HAD A BIT OF PROBLEMS AT THE BEGINNING BUT AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRED I STILL DRIVE IT HARD DO ALL THE MAINTAINANCE AND IT STILL SOUNDS PRIME ITS AS TOUGH AS IT LOOKS. TOYOTAS ROCK.

I absolutely LOVE my 2000 Toyota Celica
By utgirl on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This has to be the best little sports car ever. Its comfortable, sporty, fun to drive, handles like a dream, sleek, chic, and perfect for a girl with attitude. Blackie, as I like to call him, has given me everything I would need in a first car. Its the best car ever for the price and model.

4 Years with my Celica
By jibs on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new back in early 2000 and it was a real head turner 4 years ago. I still get compliments on how 'nice' my car is. The car has servered me well. I have had 0 problems with it (which is shocking for a first year model run). It gets great gas mileage, is fun to drive, it even handles well in the snow ... you just can't beat it for the price. I am finally getting ready to buy my 2nd car in a more expensive price range, the only thing that is holding me back is having to sell my Celica!