2000 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Fuel efficient and sporty
By celicaperson79 on 08/07/07 14:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I have had a few minor hiccups owning this car but overall it's been an enjoyable experience. I haven't had any major mechanical malfunctions since I purchased it. The car isn't the fastest on the market obviously but it's quick and gets good gas mileage. It has a unique look as well which gets attention even though it doesn't have the power to back it up.

2000 Celica GTS review
By hoodlum on 08/30/06 21:26 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

One of the first GTS buyers. Love the 6sp manual. Unbeatable handling/brakes in class. Could use more torque. Great gas mileage. Visibility out back not great, takes some getting used to. Ride is very good considering the outstanding handling. No mechanical issues, have only had to change oil, fluids and tires for 80k miles. Can't beat Toyota reliability.

Awesome Car
By pinkparadise42 on 03/22/06 09:21 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I have had my GTS 6-Speed Celica for a yr. now and I absolutely LOVE it! Looks and runs great! In the past year I have had it, I had to take it to the shop once which warranty paid for. I would defintely recommend this car to anyone! It looks great and is a blast to drive!

75K miles and NOTHING has ever broken!
By Mark Karagianis on 01/13/06 20:06 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

This is really a wonderful car, the best and most reliable that I have ever owned. I still have the original brakes! I routinely get 26-28 MPG city, and 30 highway, but that's at 80- 85, where the car wants to cruise. The only thing that I miss is a limited slip differential, as when the power comes on, its hard to avoid wheelspin in 1st and second, expecially in the tight turns. Still looks great, too. I really don't want to sell yet . . .

My Celica
By Christie on 12/14/05 09:25 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I never have driven such an amazing fun car. I have never had an problems with my 2000 Celica other than regular maintainance issues. It now has 212000 miles on it and still runs like new. And in the snow its the greatest car to drive. There is nothing negative I could say about the Celica, its a great fun car to drive

Love it
By mulvanite on 11/27/05 13:42 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I have not had any problems with this vehicle. I enjoy driving it. Even though my car is nearly six years old, I still receive compliments on it. I have bery few complaints.

Great Car with weaknesses
By Julian on 07/07/05 01:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I've got this car as sort of a graduation gift from my parents when I was looking on the dealer used car lot with my dad. I feel in love with it at first sight and still do dearly love my celica. The strengths in this car (handling, braking, looks, style) are hard to beat in any other comparable car. Unfortunately it does have its weaknesses: Torque, horsepower, huge blind spots) Also to add: They stopped making it after the 2005 year. Scions are the replacements but I just wish they rejuvenated the Celica for 2006 like they did the Eclipse.

EXCELLENT
By JK on 06/29/05 15:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This is by far the best car that I have ever owned - the reliability is superb, the economy is excellent and the design is fantastic. The car is comfortable and all instrumentation is easy to reach and use. We bought this car new 5 years ago and have experienced no mechanical problems - it is made to go a lot of miles cheaply, plus it is very fun to drive. The handling is comparable to more expensive cars, which provides a lot of satisfaction. It almost seems like nothing on this car will ever break. Insurance is also inexpensive. Highly recommended - mine is not for sale, but you can find another used one.

Love My Hot Little Ride!
By Jessie on 06/07/05 11:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I call him Sherman Tank as he ranks #1 in crash test ratings for sports cars in his division. Got rearended a week after purchase. I bought b/c I had long drives home from work and wanted to have fun while being stuck in a car. It's a "get noticed" fire engine red car and for all it's looks, it runs beautifully if you take care of it. I unfortunately bought it used and they did not disclose that the air intake and filter were installed by previous owner and now I have to find places to clean my high performance filter instead of just replacing normals ones. Overall - it rocks!!! I will keep until I buy a newer version!

Love this Car
By chesire71 on 04/15/05 10:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

From the moment I test drove this car I knew I had to have it. It handles like no car I have ever driven before. Fast, sleek and so much fun to drive. In fact, I don't think I was ready for just how quick this car goes (4 accidents in this car.. just 1 in all cars previous). I would love to keep driving it forever, but since my insurance has skyrocketed because of speeding tickets and accidents I will probably end up getting something more "practical". But I don't think I'll ever find another car I enjoyed as much as this one. Thanks Toyota! :)